Proposal: Bruins - Oilers

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
The Bruins have a logjam of wingers and could use a defensive defenseman. The Oilers could use a scoring winger and are desperate for a puck moving defenseman who can work the powerplay. Torey Krug would do wonders for the Oilers man advantage. How's this?

:edmontonTorey Krug, Ryan Donato

:bruinsOscar Klefbom, 10th Overall Pick at the 2018 Draft

Reactions: GODreau13

GODreau13

Feb 17, 2018
The Oilers should jump on this, Krug would be great for them. I think the Bruins would do this deal as well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Stiff price. I guess it depends what you see in Donato.

I feel like we’re selling low on Klefbom but I’m guessing both teams look at it.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

I feel like we’re selling low on Klefbom but I’m guessing both teams look at it.
I'm pretty huge on Ryan Donato. Gives 100% every shift, has an incredible shot and great hockey IQ. He dominated both the NCAA and the NHL is his 12 games so far. I could see him scoring 40 playing with McDavid and RNH.

Krug is the main piece of this deal though, and I think he could improve their PP, and would be a great partner for Larsson.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’d do it if it’s Bjork instead of Donato from a Boston POV. Bjork and Donato are equal prospects with a slight edge to Bjork by most. I’m just a sucker for our local guy :). Its actually a rare good deal on the boards.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Not sure.
2 years of Krug vs 6 years of Klefbom.
Klefbom on another team will be a star defenceman

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I don't see why the Bruins would do this. They give up a very good roster player and one of their best prospects for a reclamation project and a mystery box. Unless there's a player available at 10 that they're specifically interested in, I can't see that this holds a lot of appeal for them

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If you make this proposal and it's Klefbom a year ago it's laughed at. The proposal is Krug at his highest value and Klefbom at his lowest. Add a 10th overall pick and that's an extremely risky deal to make.

Not a chance from Edmonton.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Selling low, points alone 59 for Krug, 21 for Klefbom, looks more like selling high. Bruins pass very quickly.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
If ‘but Points’ is your go-to for judging defencemen then sure Klefbom won’t look great last year, but I’d hazard a guess that Klefbom does most not-scoring things better than Krug.
You would guess wrong, couple that with the fact that yes points are not everything but when the cap is 3-1 in points it really does mean something.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Deal works for both teams. Klefbom bounces back with a great contract and still relatively young, Krug slightly older but established partner for Larsson.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Pass from a bruins perspective. The 10th overall doesn't do much for me. The bruins have a ton of prospects already and Krug is such an important part of the offense. Add to that I wouldn't be at all surprised if donato won the Calder next season.

You are going to be sorely disappointed my friend

Reactions: sufferer

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Fluto Shinzawa who covers the Bruins suggested something like this the other day. Krug for Klefbom. Not sure about picks and
Donato. Tough having two small Defensemen like Krug and Gryz.

I'm a B's fan. Basically, I don't think Donato is worth the 10th pick. The difference between Krug/Klefbom isn't as great
as the diff between Donata and 10th. Maybe, B's kick in a kid like Peter Cehralik. Edmonton keeps
10th pick and B's keep Donato.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Fluto Shinzawa who covers the Bruins suggested something like this the other day. Krug for Klefbom. Not sure about picks and
Donato. Tough having two small Defensemen like Krug and Gryz.

I'm a B's fan. Basically, I don't think Donato is worth the 10th pick. The difference between Krug/Klefbom isn't as great
as the diff between Donata and 10th. Maybe, B's kick in a kid like Peter Cehralik. Edmonton keeps
10th pick and B's keep Donato.

I agree with this analysis, which is why I was saying "yes please" earlier in the thread. Another option would be to trade Krug for the 10th+ and sign DeHaan. Of course, the dates of free agency and the draft make that difficult :).

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I like the trade value wise I just don't think trading for the 10th overall pick helps the Bruins when a significant portion of their core is 32ish.

This is likely a non starter but I think the Bruins would be more interested in players like Nurse..young and can help now as well. The 10th overall doesnt do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad