Proposal: Bruins/Oilers

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I don't do this often but I think I have a well thought out one that helps both teams.

To Edmonton:

Rich Peverley - 3.25
Rights to Nathan Horton

To Boston:

Magnus Paajarvi - RFA
Teemu Hartikainen - RFA

Bruins cut cap and get Paajarvi who could step right into the lineup for half of what Peverley would cost the team. Plus another young player in Hartikainen who they may be able to convince to stay in N/A or bring back from the KHL in a year's time.

Oilers meanwhile get the veteran power forward they want plus a good mid-6 player with versatility.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I don't do this often but I think I have a well thought out one that helps both teams.

To Edmonton:

Rich Peverley - 3.25
Rights to Nathan Horton

To Boston:

Magnus Paajarvi - RFA
Teemu Hartikainen - RFA

Bruins cut cap and get Paajarvi who could step right into the lineup for half of what Peverley would cost the team. Plus another young player in Hartikainen who they may be able to convince to stay in N/A or bring back from the KHL in a year's time.

Oilers meanwhile get the veteran power forward they want plus a good mid-6 player with versatility.
Why would the Oil surrender that cache of young players when it can just wait a week to sign Horton?

With his concussion history, impending shoulder surgery and scetchy regular season numbers I don't think there will be a rush at midnight on July 5 to sign him.

CanadianBruinsFan

Mar 18, 2012
Halifax, NS
If the rumours are true that Horton's wife wants to be in the sun, Edmonton is NOT the place to go.

Not flaming your post, it's actually a realistic and beneficial trade for both sides. Paaaajjjjarvi could be a nice pickup and I'm not sure if his welcome has worn out in EDM. It's a deal I think EDM does if they know they can sign Horton, doubtful if they can't. A quick call to Nate's agent would answer that question.

I believe he's RFA, could probably sign him for ~2.5? Maybe? Much higher upside than anyone that's tried to fill the 3LW spot since Ryd-or-die.

Bojakees*

To Edmonton:

Rich Peverley - 3.25
Rights to Nathan Horton

To Boston:

Magnus Paajarvi - RFA
Teemu Hartikainen - RFA

What makes you think A-HORTON will go to Edmonton and B-they will pay him. Trading them the rights to Horton is essentially giving them nothing. AND, newsflash.....Peverly is not even close to a MID SIX player for me he looks like a 9 thru 12 player.

So net net you want to dump our problem on them. Why not I say.

Kaoz*

To Edmonton:

Rich Peverley - 3.25
Rights to Nathan Horton

To Boston:

Magnus Paajarvi - RFA
Teemu Hartikainen - RFA

Which rights would those be?

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Ah hell! I thought the rights ran to the UFA signing period on Friday.

Totally mis-read my information.

My thought was if Horton was willing to sign an extension in Edmonton, as had been said, a quick call to his agent would take care of that. They would want to have the jump on being able to sign him as MacT has stated he wants a power forward and there is plenty of scuttle that the Oilers would love to have Horton.

Coming back to Boston, Paajarvi is a player who MacT is supposedly shopping and Hartikainen ran off on the Oilers over to the KHL so I don't think MacT is too high on him at the moment. Plus he is built to be a Bruin.

But I may be a day late and a dollar short on this one.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Can either of the Edmonton LW's play on RW?

The Bruins are overloaded on LW and very thin on RW.

Elias94*

On behalf of Edmonton, I can say we don't want Bruin leftovers.. Keep that **** away from here!

Elias94*

Oh yea and Horton's a RW which we have plenty of, Eberle Yakupov and Hemsky..

LW is thin except for Hall.

Elias94*

Hahahaa only like top 5 picks right ?

Since the Oilers joined the league in 79, they achieved 5 cups. The bruins got 1. :)

All I'm saying is I don't like the dirty antics that the Bruins are known for, so I would rather not have that on my team.. Marchand rat floppings, Lucic boardings, etc.. Not saying Horton has those aspects in his game though, I haven't seen enough of him to know.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Since the Oilers joined the league in 79, they achieved 5 cups. The bruins got 1. :)

All I'm saying is I don't like the dirty antics that the Bruins are known for, so I would rather not have that on my team.. Marchand rat floppings, Lucic boardings, etc.. Not saying Horton has those aspects in his game though, I haven't seen enough of him to know.

I'm sure the women's league is looking for fans :nod:

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia

Vancouver fan in Oilers clothing perhaps?

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL

& Bobby Orr has the same amount of Conn Smythe trophies as Wayne Gretzky !! Do you vacation in Montreal also ?

member 96824

And they win games...what is up with that am I right?

How can you get higher picks when youre winning games? Bruins are dumb

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Why would the Oil surrender that cache of young players when it can just wait a week to sign Horton?

With his concussion history, impending shoulder surgery and scetchy regular season numbers I don't think there will be a rush at midnight on July 5 to sign him.

with you there, and I`ll add, or ask, why in the world would Horty sign in Edmonton after 2 seasons out of 3 being in a Cup final, then sign with a team who are a few years away from making any impact and they still need to address a ton of issues

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
with you there, and I`ll add, or ask, why in the world would Horty sign in Edmonton after 2 seasons out of 3 being in a Cup final, then sign with a team who are a few years away from making any impact and they still need to address a ton of issues

A lot of talk about Horton wanting the sun belt but I still believe that he will go where the money takes him.

If MacT is willing to go all in for Horton, as has been suggested he is willing to do, and give him a borderline crazy offer then I see no reason why Horton wouldn't follow the money.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

9 posts? This has troll written all over it.

:laugh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Deductive reasoning ( which I will say I am pretty good at ) says that if you haven't seen enough of Horton to know whether that is in fact, part of his game, then you haven't seen enough of the Bruins to know that it is in fact an over-exaggerated part of the Bruins game made up by mostly Canucks and Habs fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad