TSN: Bruins Off-Season Losses Adding Up

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I fully believe that .
I think he'll top it albeit in more games.
Hall was the line driver there, so hesitant to just say he's going to replace the output there.

Coyle/Frederic with JVR could go either way. Not impossible, but my expectations are pretty tempered.

Edit: autocorrect put the wrong word completely.

Last edited:
Reactions: missingchicklet

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
I feel like, with the exception of Bergeron (only because they found a way prior to replace Krejci's point total), I'm not overly concerned. I want to take Taylor Hall as an example. Will the team miss him? Possibly, but I remember a lot of effort in the regular season without a ton of production for $6MM per year. If you break down his point totals by month last season it's not very impressive: October - 6, November - 9, December - 12, January - 5, February - 4, March - Injured, April (short month) - 0, Playoffs - 8. Now I know everyone will remember the most recent performance with 8 points in the playoffs but, with the exception of December, pretty pedestrian numbers during the regular season. I also know the next argument will be who he was paired with but, for $6MM a year, those monthly totals aren't getting it done regardless of who skated alongside him. No knock on Hall, he always showed great effort and he's entered the later stage of his career, but I feel as though most of those points will be replaced by either one of the acquired players or by a younger player getting an opportunity with a lot smaller impact to the cap than $6MM.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad