Bruins Nationality Pairs creating chemistry. By design or coincidence?

jdz

May 22, 2013
I think we can all agree that the bruins are finally finding some momentum with the current lines.

Whether the lines stay like this for any period of time is debatable, but I found it interesting that Clode(fish) in a desperate search for some life in the team, has assembled the top 3 lines the way he has.

Carl Line (Swedes)

Loui Eriksson from Gothenburg, Sweden and Carl Soderberg from Malmo, Sweden

Two guys both from coastal parts of Sweden who very quickly clicked as friends and have become a productive third line.

Odd man out: Chris Kelly

Bergy Line (Canadians)

All three of this line Canadian guys, with Bergy and Looch showing good chemistry playing a hard hitting, grinding style of hockey along the boards. Looch has woken up since being moved with Bergy.

Odd man out: Riley Smith

Krejci Line (Czechs)

Two guys, both from the Czech Republic, hometowns only a couple of hours apart, with the rookie in Pasta having David Krejci as his favourite player growing up. Even though it is only Pasta's second game back from the junior tournament, these two have already shown a really good ability to find each other with the puck and create scoring chances.

Odd man out: Brad Marchand

Do you think Clode started with a blank page (with swedes pencilled in) a week or two ago, and thought up these line combinations by design? Or is it just a happy coincidence that these pairs are together and have found a way to score the past few games?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
What we're rolling seems to be working. I don't really look at it about nationality, but players from the same countries usually play a similar style game on some level, so they mesh well. Go Pasta!! Can't wait to watch him Tuesday.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
I think we can all agree that the bruins are finally finding some momentum with the current lines.

Whether the lines stay like this for any period of time is debatable, but I found it interesting that Clode(fish) in a desperate search for some life in the team, has assembled the top 3 lines the way he has.

Carl Line (Swedes)

Loui Eriksson from Gothenburg, Sweden and Carl Soderberg from Malmo, Sweden

Two guys both from coastal parts of Sweden who very quickly clicked as friends and have become a productive third line.

Odd man out: Chris Kelly

Bergy Line (Canadians)

All three of this line Canadian guys, with Bergy and Looch showing good chemistry playing a hard hitting, grinding style of hockey along the boards. Looch has woken up since being moved with Bergy.

Odd man out: Riley Smith

Krejci Line (Czechs)

Two guys, both from the Czech Republic, hometowns only a couple of hours apart, with the rookie in Pasta having David Krejci as his favourite player growing up. Even though it is only Pasta's second game back from the junior tournament, these two have already shown a really good ability to find each other with the puck and create scoring chances.

Odd man out: Brad Marchand

Do you think Clode started with a blank page (with swedes pencilled in) a week or two ago, and thought up these line combinations by design? Or is it just a happy coincidence that these pairs are together and have found a way to score the past few games?

???Krejci Pasta
Brad Bergy Smith
Pääjärvi / Soda Loui
Spooner Koko ???

This team does need some speed injected. Maybe a Lucic plus for Taylor Hall.

Surprised Chia did not grab Pääjärvi off waivers and give him a chance to play with the two fellow Swedes.

We need an injection of speed and talent. Kids like Spooner and Koko could bring that.

Times to move some of the dead weight. Paille/Campbell Kelly

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
???Krejci Pasta
Brad Bergy Smith
Pääjärvi / Soda Loui
Spooner Koko ???

This team does need some speed injected. Maybe a Lucic plus for Taylor Hall.

Surprised Chia did not grab Pääjärvi off waivers and give him a chance to play with the two fellow Swedes.

We need an injection of speed and talent. Kids like Spooner and Koko could bring that.

Times to move some of the dead weight. Paille/Campbell Kelly

:amazed::shakehead

All I can say, that lineup would give up 6 goals nightly

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
:amazed::shakehead

All I can say, that lineup would give up 6 goals nightly

Not to mention our PK would be a disaster.

Nationality has nothing to do with the current lines. They are constructed by taking each player's skill set and matching it with someone else who can fill in the weaknesses.

Balance is key. Sometimes odd combinations Looch-Bergy-Paille or Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson just work.

As fans we get far too caught up in labeling each line.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
figured I didn`t have to mention that Ali:laugh:

Sometimes a little reminder is needed ;)

Easy to plug in names when you want certain players to be off the team. Unfortunately you can't rob Peter to pay Paul. Balance is key to any successful team.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sometimes a little reminder is needed ;)

Easy to plug in names when you want certain players to be off the team. Unfortunately you can't rob Peter to pay Paul. Balance is key to any successful team.

Agreed

I have tried to financially do the rob Peter to pay Paul thing...didn`t work then either;)

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I think the lines we're seeing now are more about desperation. Julien usually trusts his players to work through their issues and right themselves. I think it's why he stays so consistent with his line combos (to much chagrin here on HF), and I think it's one of the reasons for his longevity. The players appreciate that trust and respect and give it back.

That said, he tried Krejci and Eriksson all through camp and they were ineffective. He's given them quick looks during the season and there hasn't been anything there. On top of that, I think moving Eriksson to play with Krejci weakens two lines. The Krejci line does nothing and now the Soderberg line is also less effective.

The Swedes have had chemistry since Day1.

Bergy/Looch is a surprise and I wouldn't be surprised to see Marshy get put back on that line at some point.

Krejci/Pastrnak, I think, was by design as well. Even when Pasta was at the WJC's there was talk of seeing him on Krejci's right.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I think the lines we're seeing now are more about desperation. Julien usually trusts his players to work through their issues and right themselves. I think it's why he stays so consistent with his line combos (to much chagrin here on HF), and I think it's one of the reasons for his longevity. The players appreciate that trust and respect and give it back.

That said, he tried Krejci and Eriksson all through camp and they were ineffective. He's given them quick looks during the season and there hasn't been anything there. On top of that, I think moving Eriksson to play with Krejci weakens two lines. The Krejci line does nothing and now the Soderberg line is also less effective.

The Swedes have had chemistry since Day1.

Bergy/Looch is a surprise and I wouldn't be surprised to see Marshy get put back on that line at some point.

Krejci/Pastrnak, I think, was by design as well. Even when Pasta was at the WJC's there was talk of seeing him on Krejci's right.

Sorry Bill, that's crap,I think they played 1 1/4 games together.

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
All I know is that the current lines are working and until they stop working they needs to remain as is. From the same country or not, they better have at least one thing in common and that is compete hard !!!
I don't really care if Paille gets points playing with Bergy and Looch or not. What I do care about is that he looks refreshed and working hard which along with playing with that line has awakened Lucic. That is phenominal news.
I think each of the lines will look better each game. The question I have is, even if Pastrnak plays well, will they keep him up with the big club ? I ask because I don't want my hopes up with seeing this team playing as well as they have all year and then take away Pastrnak which will mean Julien will alter ALL of the lines and be back to head scratching hockey :loony:

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Aren't the lines currently:

Lucic - Bergeron - Paille
Marchand - Krejci - Pastrnak
Smith - Soderberg - Eriksson

?

Or is Kelly back with the Swedes and Paille moved down?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad