Post-Game Talk: Bruins Lose Shootout @ Ottawa 3-2

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
When Montgomery messed with the lines back when Krecji was out the lines seemed to be out of cinque
leave Hall with coyle and Fredric and Zacha with Pasta

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
When Montgomery messed with the lines back when Krecji was out the lines seemed to be out of cinque
leave Hall with coyle and Fredric and Zacha with Pasta
Zacha-Krejci-Pasta hasn’t been working well. 18% xGF% last night and sub-50% on the season. On the season they’re 6 goals for, 8 against, on a team that has a +55 goal differential.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Almost every loss this season has still been a close game. Almost every game has been highly entertaining, win or lose. So many games in recent seasons where watching paint dry was preferable to the game. Bs did plenty of good things last night. Even OT was a blast. Talbot and Ottawa being allowed to play with too many men were the difference in a game the Bs should have won.

Main thing that was a bummer last night was Pasta's lackadaisical play. Horrific turnovers being the biggest issue. Monty is doing DS a solid by trotting Pasta out in the SO. Price of Pasta surely doesn't go up after seeing Pasta's piss poor SO efforts.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Never seen a team look so sloppy and still post 800 shots. So many great opportunities but the puck exploded on them, they fanned on a shot, or just totally lost the handles on it. It also didn't help that Talbot made 798 saves.

I was bored for the first 20 minutes or so, but that third period and OT was exciting as hell.

On to the dirty Jerz

Ddawg

Mar 7, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
Sway is starting to follow the pucks better the past 2 games, he is squaring up better as well. I am not a doctor, but played enough goal that I think the knee injury was bothering him. Some posters were saying he looked like he was jumping more at the pucks. I think the issue was that he wasn't putting full weight on the knee which caused him to lunge or not get the knee down and set. In the butterfly style you need the knee at full strength because your upper body depends on your knee/legs to be set and 100% to lengthen the body. When the knee is not 100% you tend to slouch and fall forward when in the butterfly.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Sway is starting to follow the pucks better the past 2 games, he is squaring up better as well. I am not a doctor, but played enough goal that I think the knee injury was bothering him. Some posters were saying he looked like he was jumping more at the pucks. I think the issue was that he wasn't putting full weight on the knee which caused him to lunge or not get the knee down and set. In the butterfly style you need the knee at full strength because your upper body depends on your knee/legs to be set and 100% to lengthen the body. When the knee is not 100% you tend to slouch and fall forward when in the butterfly.
You may be right, I mentioned he was falling forward something Rask used to do a lot when struggling. I never considered it may have been remnants from whatever injury he sustained recently.

Reactions: Gordoff

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Zacha-Krejci-Pasta hasn’t been working well. 18% xGF% last night and sub-50% on the season. On the season they’re 6 goals for, 8 against, on a team that has a +55 goal differential.
Nose, do you have any data on how many breakaways the Bruins have given up? And how many have been scored on? svp.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Loads of room for improvement with this team which seems odd considering their record but plenty they need to focus on. That PP last night was putrid and their attention to details in the D zone I didn`t like either, Talbot was amazing and there`s simply games where a goalie will steal one as he did last night. Onto NJ tonight, we`ll see how the troops react

Reactions: Gordoff

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Almost every loss this season has still been a close game. Almost every game has been highly entertaining, win or lose. So many games in recent seasons where watching paint dry was preferable to the game. Bs did plenty of good things last night. Even OT was a blast. Talbot and Ottawa being allowed to play with too many men were the difference in a game the Bs should have won.

Main thing that was a bummer last night was Pasta's lackadaisical play. Horrific turnovers being the biggest issue. Monty is doing DS a solid by trotting Pasta out in the SO. Price of Pasta surely doesn't go up after seeing Pasta's piss poor SO efforts.

Last night was Pasta's worst game of the season. He's been very consistent this year, harder to knock off the puck, taking the body and playing good defense..tonight he'll bounce back.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I don't mind the 3v3 but after that if it ends in a tie, so be it. Shootouts are a gimmick.
Bold part: I hate it. It is pond hockey! Lazy players can be rewarded to much oftenly imo. SO is not restricted to NHL Argentina won on SO.....

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Say what you will about the shootout. I'm not really a fan. But it's part of the game as currently constituted. That said, it was frustrating to see exactly zero shots on net in our three attempts last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad