HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
ibglE6wjr9Y9Aa.gif

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Wow was all the negative talk when I was here last night getting grilled ? I can't see the bruins losing on home ice again. But I did predict the cup will be raised Monday night. I hope this prediction is terriblly wrong.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I respectfully disagree.

The Bruins have an edge in net, physicality, and they play with stronger team discipline (for example, skating as five-man attacking/defending units)... But the Blackhawks are just as deep and have higher-end talent both on the blueline and throughout their forwards. They're also (as a whole) faster.

Yup. They don't have to work nearly as hard to enter our zone. They get neutral zone possession, click off two passes, and we're backing up and defending.

That's the major difference right now. Doesn't matter how much better Tuukka is. The Bruins have to make that advantage matter, and right now they're not.

If they had Tuukka, we'd of been swept.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Most people expecting Toews to be a go

@ChrisKuc: #Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said Jonathan Toews is "doing much better. We're optimistic he'll be playing (in Game 6)."

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I think being at home tomorrow and 2 bad games by chara will light a fire under him/them.

Seguin needs to do something in game 7 though for us to have a shot if Bergeron is out...

That's an understatement.

Does he need a written invitation to bang a puck past a D-man and make something happen? How many chances has he had to step the **** up?

Game 1 - we needed a goal
Game 4 - needed a damn goal
Game 5 - we needed one measly goal to tie it and force OT

People rode Glenn Wesley for years b/c he missed an open net in OT. Well, at least he was visible, at least he had a chance. Tyler Seguin? Every time I see this kid score from now on I'm going to think - yeah, nice goal, too bad you can't do it when the chips are down.

Comes through now, all will be forgotten. He's down to his last chance for his balls to drop.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Well not sure if I be able to see this game . I hope that all the positive energy and hope the bruins will take over this game from the drop of the puck till then end if the siren . We need Rask to steal this game and need some scoring from the top line . These guys have to want it more and show it on the ice.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
This sucks.

I haven't been this nervous since game 7 against the Habs in 2011... or maybe game 7 last year against the Caps.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
I was so damned worked up during that 2011 run...I thought I was losing my mind for real. I'm not nearly so bad this year, but I sincerely hope the team doesn't feel the same way and really takes the game to the Hawks on Monday and sends the game back to Chicago. Then I'll probably lose my mind between Monday and Wednesday.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The big positive is that this team has shown time and again that they can turn things around when they desperately need to. Even this playoffs, they played pretty sloppy against Toronto in games 5 and 6 and most of game 7, then got it going. They seem to find that extra spark when they're up against it. Let's hope they can find it again.

Go Bruins!!

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I was so damned worked up during that 2011 run...I thought I was losing my mind for real. I'm not nearly so bad this year, but I sincerely hope the team doesn't feel the same way and really takes the game to the Hawks on Monday and sends the game back to Chicago. Then I'll probably lose my mind between Monday and Wednesday.

Opposite for me.

I was used to epic collapses and horrific gut punches in 2011.

After the game 7 loss to Montreal, then especially the scarring from game 7 vs the Canes and game 7 vs the Flyers, I was numb.

Anything after round 2 was gravy for me in 2011.

Since then, I've been back on the wagon. Vested.

sigh.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Hopefully it should be painfully obvious to Claude now after watching the 3rd period last night, he needs to keep the Krejci line away from the Toews line. He has been using that matchup ever since Toews and Kane were reunited and it has negated their offensive spark. Put Kelly-Paille-Seguin against the Toews line and challenge them to keep them off the board. That leaves the Krejci and (Hopefully) the Bergeron line to go up against the lesser Chicago trios. Put Boychuck on with Chara as well, he quite simply is playing better than Seidenberg right now.

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
Honestly regardless of the outcome later tonight I hope the crowd stays classy and represents Bruins fans well. Obviously I'm hoping for a Bruins win and if that is the case I hope fans don't trash the ice with the towels, send the boys off with a loud and proud ovation. If the Hawks prevail I hope the crowd is loud and honors the Bruins for being the second to last team standing. Especially since dating back to January it looked like there would be no Stanley Cup loser, let alone winner. Regardless of the outcome the Bruins are champions. Even with an unfortunate tragedy that was the bombings this club picked up the fans and gave the city something to rally around. Regardless of the outcome this team proved that the city of Boston and its fans are strong. I do honestly expect the Bruins to win game 6 and give us a game 7 where anything is possible. With that being said, these playoffs have been a fantastic ride for us fans and win or lose later tonight this team has provided us with a phenomenal run. Going back up to the bombings; Claude and the players said the least they could do was provide us with an escape for a couple of hours. Mission accomplished boys, mission accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad