Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose blah blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Hopefully it should be painfully obvious to Claude now after watching the 3rd period last night, he needs to keep the Krejci line away from the Toews line. He has been using that matchup ever since Toews and Kane were reunited and it has negated their offensive spark. Put Kelly-Paille-Seguin against the Toews line and challenge them to keep them off the board. That leaves the Krejci and (Hopefully) the Bergeron line to go up against the lesser Chicago trios. Put Boychuck on with Chara as well, he quite simply is playing better than Seidenberg right now.

With last change, that was probably more Q's doing than Claude's. Plus no line has looked good against Kane the last couple games.

David Krejci*

Honestly regardless of the outcome later tonight I hope the crowd stays classy and represents Bruins fans well. Obviously I'm hoping for a Bruins win and if that is the case I hope fans don't trash the ice with the towels, send the boys off with a loud and proud ovation. If the Hawks prevail I hope the crowd is loud and honors the Bruins for being the second to last team standing. Especially since dating back to January it looked like there would be no Stanley Cup loser, let alone winner. Regardless of the outcome the Bruins are champions. Even with an unfortunate tragedy that was the bombings this club picked up the fans and gave the city something to rally around. Regardless of the outcome this team proved that the city of Boston and its fans are strong. I do honestly expect the Bruins to win game 6 and give us a game 7 where anything is possible. With that being said, these playoffs have been a fantastic ride for us fans and win or lose later tonight this team has provided us with a phenomenal run. Going back up to the bombings; Claude and the players said the least they could do was provide us with an escape for a couple of hours. Mission accomplished boys, mission accomplished.

That's a loser's mentality, brah. If they lose, they are not the champions this year.

But that doesn't matter, because they're winning tomorrow and sending this thing to Game 7 at the very least.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Some of our fellow B's fans here seem to be surprised that we even made it this far, this season. And with that are content that we made it to the finals, even if we lose. As for me Losing in the Finals will not be easy. Yes there were times during the season where our team didn't look good, and there game had some holes. But I never once thought for a moment that our team, this Boston Bruins Team, wasn't capable of going all the way and even winning it all this season.. Here we are 2 wins away from winning the Cup, and gosh It will be hard to swallow if we don't achieve that. So lets win!! Who knows when we will get back here.

As I said before, it is so hard getting to this point, specially now with the way the league is with all the parity, and of course the Errrrrrrr Salary Cap that goes up and down by the year.. Half the talk around here throughout the year is about players salary and cap issues. Who do we get rid of and who do we keep because of a couple million bucks.

Another reason to love this team of ours is the fact that Peter C recognizes that, and has done the best he can too make a good team and keep the team together. At least the core group.. Majority of this team today is from the 2011 SC Win. I hope Peter C continues to try and keep this team together even with the Cap being reduced..

Go Bruins Go!!! Lets win Game 6.. Just game 6 that's it.. :yo:

Pardon the typos.

Last edited:

David Krejci*

We don't have to win two games in a row. All we have to do is win one game, twice.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
damn rights, I don't understand the doom and gloom. Bruins will win Monday!

Thank you! That's what I am talking about.. This team had it in them the whole year to make this far and winning it all! By the way that is there goal when they enter camp, in what September? I am sure they know that losing it will be a failure for the season.. GO BRUINS GO!! WE WILL WIN GAME 6!! :yo: :bruins

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I cant believe some of this negativity. Vancouver was supposed to destroy this team, Pittsburgh was supposed to sweep us and people are calling it quits on a team we've played evenly the entire series?

I'll take my chance with the B's just like I have all season long. We win games 6 and 7.

Let's worry about tonight's game first.Win tonight and we have a shot at the Cup.When it comes down to ONE game anything truly can happen but we have to get there first.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I agree never mind winning a cup we need to make sure that the Bruins win Game 6.
1 Come out playing with the First Puck drop.
2 Play hard to the last whistle.
3 Get goals fom you top line as well as Mr Seguin
4 Rask must steal this game.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
they really only have to win tonight and then its a crap shoot. Pittsburgh lost Crosby and didnt have Malkin I believe and beat the mighty Wings on two goals by Talbot.

Just win tonight and we almost 2 days of analysis

Jdrewc

May 26, 2013
Florida
This team has overcome some major adversity and still manages to rise to the top. We lost Horton and still seized the cup, we've lost Campbell but still split the series with the hawks! Do I dare say that this is possible or even better yet probable. I true Montra of sport will not ring true if the hawks take home the cup....because THE BEST TEAM came in second. The Bruins have shown game in and out there better cause the series has been split with us playing mediocre hockey. We've got more and bows the time to bring it.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
This team has overcome some major adversity and still manages to rise to the top. We lost Horton and still seized the cup, we've lost Campbell but still split the series with the hawks! Do I dare say that this is possible or even better yet probable. I true Montra of sport will not ring true if the hawks take home the cup....because THE BEST TEAM came in second. The Bruins have shown game in and out there better cause the series has been split with us playing mediocre hockey. We've got more and bows the time to bring it.

You do understand that game 5 has now been played?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
With last change, that was probably more Q's doing than Claude's. Plus no line has looked good against Kane the last couple games.

Julien seemed to be pushing that match-up at home. I get why he's doing it (the Krejci line is great at puck possession and could theoretically keep the puck away from the Toews line), but those three simply are not good enough defensively to contain that line when they are in the defensive zone, which happens a lot against a team like Chicago. That being said, it's not like he has much of a choice right now with the bottom 6 in disarray with injuries and players not being as reliable. If only we had both Kelly and Peverley going... That gave us a second shutdown line in the past, which was invaluable.

spokedB44

Feb 18, 2005
Beantown
I just want to see commitment and not the over zealous kind. Folks that are lucky enough to be in the stands should blow out their voice boxes.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
best part of the game was when my wife walked in for 2 minutes.
It was the two minutes that seguin was bleeding from his nose and said, "oh, the pretty boy finally looks like a Bruin now."
she then left the room.

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
Some of our fellow B's fans here seem to be surprised that we even made it this far, this season. And with that are content that we made it to the finals, even if we lose. As for me Losing in the Finals will not be easy. Yes there were times during the season where our team didn't look good, and there game had some holes. But I never once thought for a moment that our team, this Boston Bruins Team, wasn't capable of going all the way and even winning it all this season.. Here we are 2 wins away from winning the Cup, and gosh It will be hard to swallow if we don't achieve that. So lets win!! Who knows when will get back...

As I said before, it is so hard getting to this point, specially now with the way the league is with all the parity, and of course the Errrrrrrr Salary Cap that goes up and down by the year.. Half the talk around here throughout the year is about players salary and cap issues. Who do we get rid of and who do we keep because of a couple million bucks.

Another reason to love this team of ours is the fact that Peter C recognizes that, and has done the best he can too make a good team and keep the team together. At least the core group.. Majority of this team today is from the 2011 SC Win. I hope Peter C continues to try and keep this team together even with the Cap being reduced..

Go Bruins Go!!! Lets win Game 6.. Just game 6 that's it.. :yo:

Pardon the typos.

I'm not sure that "contentment" posture you refer to (in the bolded part above) should be taken entirely at face value. I'm willing to bet much of it is a defense against the possibility of heartbreak.

I think many posts here are instances of posters trying to talk themselves into certain mindsets or feelings, asserting things they themselves may not fully buy into (at least not yet). Just a thought.

Nice post, btw!

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I'm not sure that "contentment" posture you refer to (in the bolded part above) should be taken entirely at face value. I'm willing to bet much of it is a defense against the possibility of heartbreak.

I think many posts here are instances of posters trying to talk themselves into certain mindsets or feelings, asserting things they themselves may not fully buy into (at least not yet). Just a thought.

Nice post, btw!

Thanks.:) I appreciate that. And I agree with you. It is going to be hard to swallow if we come up short, and getting oneself ready for that possibility is real. I was just trying to say is that, I knew our team had it in them to make it this far, and represent the East in the Finals, and even win it all.. And here we are.. Go B's Go! :bruins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad