GDT: Bruins @ Leafs | Dec 8th | 7:00est| LeafsTV | #loserpointweek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I6cil5v.jpg

Okay. We can totally win this, but My main focus is for the entire week - is to gain at least the loser point. #loserpointweek. It will be very interesting to see how Bernier plays tonight. :)

the leafs line up

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 20s
Projected Lines vs. BOS: JVR-Kadri-Kessel. Raymond-Smith-Clarkson. Ashton-McClement-Kulemin. McLaren-Holland-D'Amigo.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 42s
#Leafs D: Gunnarsson-Phaneuf, Gardiner-Franson, Liles-Ranger

Last edited:

leafstilldeath*

Wooo. Lets get it done boys

jBq4kw.gif

Play with pride. Respect the maple leaf on your chest and do not stop for anything. Just burn the boats!

Boston has gotta suffer. Divisional rivals back to back we need wins back to back.

meanwhile, Kessel was spotted looking for comfort food as he was told the game is against Boston

BfhMl4c.gif

This gif from the main board.

Then Kessel was told he never shows up for Boston and he got pissed off and started charging his batteries for the game:

rtxj1fz.gif

Should be a good one guys. Bernier the Bruins!

LEAFS RULE ALL!!!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Last game against the Bruins was completely our damn game. JvR had a terrible penalty after we dominated the 2nd and lead 2-1...gave up a 4 min PP and the momentum gift wrapped to the Bruins.

Time to hit these knuckleheads out of our building.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
We need more scoring from our 2nd and 3rd lines, and defence core.

This team is really lopsided relying on JVR and Kessel aka Team USA for our production.

No Lupul, Bozak, Bolland, has really turned us into a PP relied on, 1 line team.

Boston play a high pressure game, both on the backside and the front side in your face style.

Should be interesting seeing how our 3rd period is tonight against one of the best conditioned teams in the NHL especially on back to back nights.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
We need more scoring from our 2nd and 3rd lines, and defence core.

This team is really lopsided relying on JVR and Kessel aka Team USA for our production.

No Lupul, Bozak, Bolland, has really turned us into a PP relied on, 1 line team.

Boston play a high pressure game, both on the backside and the front side in your face style.

Should be interesting seeing how our 3rd period is tonight against one of the best conditioned teams in the NHL especially on back to back nights.
One of the best conditioned teams based on what?

Last edited:

BayStreetBullies*

Hmmm. Wouldn't "Weekend at Bernier's" imply that Bernier is a dead weight being propped up by the rest of the team when, in fact, the opposite is closer to the truth? :sarcasm:

:laugh:

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Hmmm. Wouldn't "Weekend at Bernier's" imply that Bernier is a dead weight being propped up by the rest of the team when, in fact, the opposite is closer to the truth? :sarcasm:

Weekend at Berniers 2. He is so lively and goal driven some would say it's magical.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I honestly think - we have to work our "we only play 40 minutes" to our advantage here.
(how sad is that? I know it's very much psychological our third period meltdowns - but I don't think I ever thought I'd be posting a game plan to work around a 20 minute breakdown).

1: Smack Chara (Orr is out - but I think McLaren can be up to the challenge here). Every time we've beaten Boston (both in our building/their building) it's because we really pushed the big guy around.

2: employ our speed from the word, go. The Bruins have a better "second wind response" than we do - so if we capitalise early, we should be fine

3: for the love of God - let everything GO. if a Bruin goons someone up - don't retaliate, just keep on going. don't take stupid penalties. (their powerplay is 19th, but our PK is 25th :cry: it used to be so beautiful, our PK).

4: we have GOT TO SHOOT. per usual, they are 1st in the league in goals against - so every PP that we draw needs to be on point, and if there is a wild scramble lift the puck up and try to get it into the net.

this way, by the third - we should be okay enough to win, or again like i said at LEAST get a loser point. each and every game if we're not winning, we have to be thinking, overtime point this week. (well in general, but esp. this week).

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I think beating the Bruins would get the boys some of their swagger back. Tonight's a big game and I see no reason why we can't grab a third straight W.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Lupul isn't playing tonight, going off the radio reports yesterday (but I'd also assume it could be a game time decision?)

we don't usually have a game in hand against teams we're chasing -but we have one against Detroit - a win tonight puts us 4 behind Montreal, and back in the third seed of the Atlantic (we win the tie breaker based off wins)

(when did Detroit get so many ROWs?)

UFancyHuh

May 29, 2008
Lost
Bernier's first game vs Boston as a Leaf. Lets see how he fares.

Please for the love of god sit Fraser. I get that we need a shut down stay at home guy but he's creating more problems than solutions atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad