Post-Game Talk: Bruins Lay an Egg: Rangers 7 Bruins 4

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I never said this or even came close to that. You are just being ridiculous.

I originally commented on your post because you said Trent Frederic should have " fell to the ice and started kicking.

So let me make my statement again and more clear for you:

Two things can happen time:

1) It can be an inexcusable/suspendable play by Trouba

2) It was also at the very same time partly be caused by Frederic pulling on his stick and wrestling for it(which is why it wasnt a suspension and only a fine. I would have suspended him though)

Even more important. You have been calling for him to go down kicking and screaming to embellish the impact of the play. Which is the most embarrassing part of this whole scenario. Then you try to say you are exaggerating, but then you say " well if he did go down DoPS would have given Trouba suspension so he should have"

So you are blatantly contradicting yourself and just also making things up that I never said.
Oh me putting words in your mouth is ridiculous? Something you’d NEVER do, right?

See the bolded above.

Nope. You don't put words into people's mouths at all. Totally interested in a good faith argument. Nice misuse of quotations there too. :laugh:

I will no longer engage in your pathetic nonsense. Inaccurately bemoan my opinion all you want. I’ve been posting here long enough that I think people know my stance on the Bruins having a physical identity (hammer not nail). And anyone with any reading comprehension skills understands that my criticism in this particular argument is squarely and firmly directed at the Department of Player Safety and not our own players.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
So I am finally able to watch my first two games of the season and I get to see the Bruins getting spanked in both of them. The defence looked putrid in both. Against the Rangers every time they entered the Bruins d zone it led to high dangerous chances. Especially Gryz and Mitchell looked overwhelmed. Maybe it's definitively time to find a taker for Gryz, as his time as a Bruin seems to come to an end.
Forbort/Mitchell was the nightmare pairing. Gryz was arguably the B's best defenseman yesterday. Not that any had a fantastic game. You can't blame him for the bad D on Friday since he didn't play.

The problems happened when multiple forwards got puck watching and went to cover 1 Ranger(or none), leaving other Rangers wide open.

Geekie, and Frederic were floating around covering nobody on NY's 7th goal. Gryz, and Mitchell were actually doing a pretty good job covering the 2 Rangers in front of the net when the goal was scored.

The TEAM defense is pretty lazy/sloppy right now. It's also been masked a bit by having 2 excellent goalies during Montgomery's tenure here.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Obviously I'm f***ing exaggerating. I'm just tired of seeing every other player react that way and lesser incidents being punished more harshly as a result.

The difference in DoPS decision is 100% on how Frederic reacted. Frankly that's inexcusable.

Sorry but what the flying f***???

Seriously??

I make myself sick when I suggest this, but Freddy should have hit the ice kicking his feet. If he had gone down like (was it?) OEL, I wonder what the punishment would have been.

What a disgrace.
Oh me putting words in your mouth is ridiculous? Something you’d NEVER do, right?

See the bolded above.

Nope. You don't put words into people's mouths at all. Totally interested in a good faith argument. Nice misuse of quotations there too. :laugh:

I will no longer engage in your pathetic nonsense. Inaccurately bemoan my opinion all you want. I’ve been posting here long enough that I think people know my stance on the Bruins having a physical identity (hammer not nail). And anyone with any reading comprehension skills understands that my criticism in this particular argument is squarely and firmly directed at the Department of Player Safety and not our own players.

You said it right there above where I bolded.

Its very clear you think Frederic should have dove on the ground kicking his feet. And that you believe if he did then there would have been a suspension.

I'm saying that is an embarrassing mentality to have as fan base. Thats some Montreal Canadians/ habs fan level stuff.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
guys dunno if the team is soft thing is the problem

Letting in SEVEN GOALS might be the problem

Reactions: lopey

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Nobody asked me, but here is what I would do with the personnel in the medium term. Assign Mitchell to Providence. He is no good and they know it. Bring up Lohrei. Lohrei needs work from the ground up in his own zone, but he gives the d some depth. Furthermore, I have a strong suspicion he will not learn the basic man versus zone thing in Providence. Try Shatt on third pair, then Gryz. Third pair is a gigantic problem. They probably need to acquire somebody with some quickness to go with Forbort. Also when Steen is healthy, move Heinen to Pasta's spot and rest Pasta. Pasta is awful and an injured liability right now. I think a couple games of rest would do everyone some good.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
12 GA in 2 games and the only take away is we need more physicality...

While I agree, it's funny thats the take away no matter how they lose.
Or win

Nobody asked me, but here is what I would do with the personnel in the medium term. Assign Mitchell to Providence. He is no good and they know it. Bring up Lohrei. Lohrei needs work from the ground up in his own zone, but he gives the d some depth. Furthermore, I have a strong suspicion he will not learn the basic man versus zone thing in Providence. Try Shatt on third pair, then Gryz. Third pair is a gigantic problem. They probably need to acquire somebody with some quickness to go with Forbort. Also when Steen is healthy, move Heinen to Pasta's spot and rest Pasta. Pasta is awful and a liability right now. I think a couple games of rest would do everyone some good.
DD835AD0-E560-47AE-BC75-3F8C70066514.gif

• Haha
Reactions: goldnblack

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
it’s getting to the point where it’s a drag coming here because of this idiocy

Certitude.

A remarkable number of folks are certain there is only one pre-determined lense with which to gaze upon, well, any issue.

“In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.”​

― Bertrand Russell

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
With Pasta this tired I'm curious if maybe we can try him at coach?

Gives Monty and few nights watching film on tougher guys we could bring in

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
There should just be a designated thread called Hell in a Cell where posters can take their personal pissing matches and they settle their feuds.

Have it so only users who pay for HF sponsor membership can view.

Also have a thread for analytics vs eye test called Hell in Excel.

Reactions: capecodder

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Nobody asked me, but here is what I would do with the personnel in the medium term. Assign Mitchell to Providence. He is no good and they know it. Bring up Lohrei. Lohrei needs work from the ground up in his own zone, but he gives the d some depth. Furthermore, I have a strong suspicion he will not learn the basic man versus zone thing in Providence. Try Shatt on third pair, then Gryz. Third pair is a gigantic problem. They probably need to acquire somebody with some quickness to go with Forbort. Also when Steen is healthy, move Heinen to Pasta's spot and rest Pasta. Pasta is awful and an injured liability right now. I think a couple games of rest would do everyone some good.
i do like steen. i think he shoild be in there. he seemed to have chemistry with debrusk last year. maybe a debrusk potrais steen line.
or debrusk coyle steen.

Reactions: BBruins

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Hey guys, Rangers fan here, wanted to wait for the emotions of the game itself to die down a bit before coming here, but I had a question.

I had to watch the NESN broadcast for yesterday’s game and noticed Jack Edwards sounded very ill and as though his speech was severely impeded. Is there something going on with him that you guys know of? Or was yesterday indicative of how he always sounds these days?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Hey guys, Rangers fan here, wanted to wait for the emotions of the game itself to die down a bit before coming here, but I had a question.

I had to watch the NESN broadcast for yesterday’s game and noticed Jack Edwards sounded very ill and as though his speech was severely impeded. Is there something going on with him that you guys know of? Or was yesterday indicative of how he always sounds these days?

Last couple of years he has clearly slowed down. Folks have their theories, but nothing official known. But it’s night and day compared to listening to him ten years ago.

Now go back to playing with your Parros voodoo dolls or whatever you do to get Trouba to get more preferential treatment from the league than Malkin.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH

Its how hes been over the last couple years. Some have speculated that he may have had a stroke or some other medical incident that has hindered his speech and train of thought and while some of it could be age related I don't think thats all of it given the rapid decline. Its getting really hard to listen too and there are times where it seems like he has to physically exert himself just to get a sentence out.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
NHL Player Safety is really a joke. Trouba gets a fine for swinging at a player's head. Opponent crosschecks Potrais' head and nothing.
But if a Bruin does anything, the league is handing out punishment. A real joke.
The NHL Dept. of Player Safety have way too much power, and don't have to answer to anyone. Parros acts like he's Judge, jury and executioner

There needs to be some accountability for the DoPS. I would like to see an independent mediation committee/group setup to oversee the DoPS's actions to make sure punishments are being fairly administered without bias throughout the league, and if need be, could mediate complaints and appeals (in a timely manner) for teams who think they've been treated unfairly.

Something HAS to be done to make the DoPS accountable for their actions.
I'd start by removing George Parros as Head of the DoPS.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Well of course you are okay with a fine when you know full well you should have been suspended, you doofus.

Reactions: hrdpuk

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Say they're tangled up all you want, the fact of the matter is Trouba still swing a hockey stick like a baseball bat at a players head and connected.

How there's no suspension from that is beyond me. It's legitimately concerning.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad