Rumor: Bruins, just rumors - no proposals

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Funny how DKH called a Knight/Stewart trade months ago. I could totally see it happening now given what we're hearing.

I just through it out there I don't see it happening - what I see is Chiarelli spending the weekend with Arizona GM Don Maloney with Saturday game the backdrop of a potential good sized deal.

We know this: Vermette and Yandle could play on Boston; Arizona wants prospect, picks, young talent. Arizona can absorb salary but with Chara and DK LTI the Bruins can come close to taking on all that money. We were in Legends last night and so was Betman, Neely, and two Jacobs. Maybe they discussed this playoff salary cap thing

Vermette and Yandle to me solve a lot of what ails them. I'm a fan of Yandle.

Ok? What does it cost? Probably a good chunk of Bruins future to save Chias.

If I'm Maloney I make Chia pay with that first

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I just through it out there I don't see it happening - what I see is Chiarelli spending the weekend with Arizona GM Don Maloney with Saturday game the backdrop of a potential good sized deal.

We know this: Vermette and Yandle could play on Boston; Arizona wants prospect, picks, young talent. Arizona can absorb salary but with Chara and DK LTI the Bruins can come close to taking on all that money. We were in Legends last night and so was Betman, Neely, and two Jacobs. Maybe they discussed this playoff salary cap thing

great insight as always...

man nothing you are saying is giving me a good feeling. Sounds to me like Cam is trying to make sure they have a path in place to add salary, but Vermette and Yandle are not what this team needs at all IMO. Maybe Yandle if he can replace Seidenberg, but Vermette is extremely redundant here once Krejci returns. And as a Krejci replacement, Vermette is a downgrade. I'd much rather the Bruins go after a younger player with term who can fit into their long-term plans and I don't mind if they give up more to get him so long as it's a good fit.

I guess if they do go down the Vermette path it shows how much faith they have in Pastrnak to hold down that first line RW spot already.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA

For those two guys I'd flip Smith, Krug, one of the prospects, maybe a 2nd for this season. Have to try to hold on to that 1st no matter what. That's two young roster players from our end and futures...you'd hope something like that could get it done.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
For those two guys I'd flip Smith, Krug, one of the prospects, maybe a 2nd for this season. Have to try to hold on to that 1st no matter what. That's two young roster players from our end and futures...you'd hope something like that could get it done.

Trading Smith and Krug for Yandle & Vermette makes the Bruins a combined 14 years older. I really don't see how that sort of move would help the Bruins. Even in the short term I feel like those guys are marginal upgrades over Smith & Krug.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Trading Smith and Krug for Yandle & Vermette makes the Bruins a combined 14 years older. I really don't see how that sort of move would help the Bruins. Even in the short term I feel like those guys are marginal upgrades over Smith & Krug.

If we could somehow get Gormley thrown into the deal, I'd be a bit more happy with it. Maybe it will be something big like that... but sounds like too many moving pieces.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Older, but better. Yandle is only 28 and he's better than both Smith and Krug in my opinion. Yandle isn't this fossil...

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA

They aren't marginal upgrades IMO, they're just upgrades. Yandle is better than Krug is likely ever going to be, and Smith is just too inconsistent IMO. Yes they are older than the guys going out but they aren't Jagr-old either.

The Bruins could use that experience in order to make a push this season. They may lose Vermette in the offseason or they may keep him at a reduced price. AZ could absorb some salary as well, making a potential deal much easier.

You'd have to give something of value to get guys like that while still retaining your 1st round pick in 2015 and most of your prospects. Smith and Krug are good players but I'm not sold on either of them long-term.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Can this thread be a locked one where a mod posts the rumors and no one else? We can discuss said rumors in the other thread?

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA

I hope to god that we don't sell off our first this season for anyone on Arizona not named Oliver Ekman-Larsson. Yandle is definitely worth the pick, but I just don't think he fits the Bruins going forward unless Seidenberg goes back the other way.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
NHL mobile video. For some reason I cannot find it on the NHL site but:

Kevin Weekes and Martin Biron did a great segment on the Boston Bruins and who they both think the perfect target available to the Bruins is:

Jordan Eberle.

If you have the app it is a great video.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I consider the NHL app and a full segment on Eberle and the Boston Bruins as a legit source but cannot link an app video.

A couple know full well my thoughts on Eberle back in the fall that I shared as a legit rumor but Dom disagreed and we agreed to disagree. Could indeed be nothing but talk from Weekes and Biron but a solid segment on the NHL official page and the Edmonton DEFCON 1 since the coach being fired has me wondering again.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

Kevin Weekes and Martin Biron did a great segment on the Boston Bruins and who they both think the perfect target available to the Bruins is:

Jordan Eberle.

Not sure if he's a great fit here as long as Claude is the coach.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Jordan Eberle.

I think that could be a viable rumor.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
"He and the Rangers are not close on a new deal and he can walk this summer. The simple move for New York is to keep him, make a playoff run and take their chances later. But, there are rumours they will consider trading him, see what they can get and, if necessary, flip that for something else.

I can’t prove or disprove those rumblings, but they’re out there."

Got this from Friedman's 30 thoughts regarding Mats Zuccarello.

He could be the perfect fit for the Bruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad