Rumor: Bruins, just rumors - no proposals

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I wouldn't worry about Eriksson's NTC, though. He would be stupid not to want a fresh start elsewhere with a fan base that doesn't think "Seguin" whenever they hear his name.

neelysbiggestfan

Jul 9, 2004
I wouldn't worry about Eriksson's NTC, though. He would be stupid not to want a fresh start elsewhere with a fan base that doesn't think "Seguin" whenever they hear his name.

Don't care about Seguin - care only that he isn't producing.
No more excuses for Loui - he just isn't that good and is a terrible fit here.

Deedot

I'm your Huckelberry
Mar 21, 2002
New York
Visit site
actually think it was Spooner himself who forced Julien`s hand to be honest. Before that giveaway, from the comfort of my TV I watched as Spooner`s defensive awareness and positioning seemed much more improved and rather than react to where pucks went in the D zone, he was anticipating it and I think Julien has all kinds of time for players, vets or otherwise when they display a commitment to defensive play

The Spooner I watched for what? 20 something previous games, once he crossed the blue line appeared a bit lost, far more assertive in the last two games.

Some will argue with the "Claude has no choice due to injury", I call their bluff, we`ve seen CJ not play a kid when injuries occurred before, shifting a Kelly or bloody Soupy up a line or two

Probably not close to being accurate, but wondering if Spoons has watched how Pasta busts his arse in all 3 zones and has tried to do the same....he`ll get ice time

I`ve been less enamored with Spooner than many but I`ve liked his two games since stepping in for DKH, could care less about the pts (although I wouldn`t complain if he put some more up)

Funny you should say this as I noticed the exact same thing. Pasta would be deep in the offensive zone and then haul butt back to support the D-zone coverage. Spooner seems like he's playing with a bit more confidence and the one thing I like in his game is his willingness to use his underrated shot, something that we haven't seen him do in previous call-ups to the big club.

This is probably his last best chance to stick with the club and perhaps he's just saying to himself, "play your game" and not worrying so much about things he can't control and that is translating into more confident play. That said, would still like him to watch forcing some of his passes...then again, the same could be said of everyone else on this team. ;)

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I think he's a very good hockey player. He does everything well, except score. Unreal on the walls, great hockey sense and vision, great possession player, very good defensively. He's great, IMO, right up until he needs to shoot and finish. His shot is weak, and he's lost any scoring tough. And we need finish, period. For this reason, I'd move him to a team that needs such a player, and I'd think there would be plenty of them.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013

-Third on team in goals
-Tied for second in points

You complain about him, you complain about the whole team bud, sorry.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I was just thinking this, more or less. Unless they were attempting to trade him to a bad team, why would Loui want to stay here? It hasn't really worked out, and it's not like he has any great loyalty to the organization, the town, or the fans. I hope he is moved for decent return (A roster player, picks, and/or prospects).

Time to move on.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
If there's a better player than Eriksson available,I'd like to hear it. Then put that player on the 3rd line with Soderberg and Kelly and say he's lost it too.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If I owned the team there wouldn't be another dime spent on payroll
Sell Sell Sell

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
If there's a better player than Eriksson available,I'd like to hear it. Then put that player on the 3rd line with Soderberg and Kelly and say he's lost it too.

Eberle...Although he's probably not available until the draft.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Ya think he'd prosper with Soderberg and Kelly?

I think he would be a clear cut better fit on the 1st line. I also think he would do well with Soda and Kelly. Probably similar goal totals to what he has now especially if he gets the PP time Loui is getting.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
The real question, is how often do you come into the forum, and look for a thread
about a real actual trade, and when you don't see one do you think good, or
do you curse at Mgmt ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad