Rumor: Bruins interested in Pinto

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think Norris is going on the LTIR here. Will make enough room for Pinto. Seems like his signing is imminent.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Well it has to be a big ticket player to fit him for the season. It's him or Chabot. Thanks Dorion for your many blunders. Paying 4 players to not play for the sens now were stuck in this situation.
Yep. As much as I love what he's done signing the core, he has his share of absolute f*** ups.

Reactions: bert

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Well it has to be a big ticket player to fit him for the season. It's him or Chabot. Thanks Dorion for your many blunders. Paying 4 players to not play for the sens now were stuck in this situation.

Yep. As much as I love what he's done signing the core, he has his share of absolute f*** ups.

Look Pinto needs to suck it up for a year. If Ottawa's one bad contract is going to be Matthieu Joseph, then we're absolutely fine.
There are teams with multiple albatross contracts, a team with something like 15M in dead cap, Ottawa is in the bottom of the list when it comes to "cap" issues.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Look Pinto needs to suck it up for a year. If Ottawa's one bad contract is going to be Matthieu Joseph, then we're absolutely fine.
There are teams with multiple albatross contracts, a team with something like 15M in dead cap, Ottawa is in the bottom of the list when it comes to "cap" issues.
Still f***ed up pretty large over the years from Matt Murray to Colin White to Stepan etc. etc. He needs to park the bad moves immediately. Otherwise, we're in pretty good shape - and I credit him as much as I want to shoot him to the moon, so...whatever that even means lol.

Reactions: hn777

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Still f***ed up pretty large over the years from Matt Murray to Colin White to Stepan etc. etc. He needs to park the bad moves immediately. Otherwise, we're in pretty good shape - and I credit him as much as I want to shoot him to the moon, so...whatever that even means lol.

Without those moves you highlighted we'd pretty much be perfect. You can't expect perfection with so many variables at play.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Maybe new Captain Marchand likes pinto beans and asked specifically. Pintos are known to cause less flatulence than most beans and Marchand may be paying closer attention to how he smells now that he has to do more leadership interviews

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Technically it's 5 bad contracts, they're paying 4 players to not play for the team. Just asking someone to 'suck it up' when they're worth more than double what they have to give him when an injury could end his career tomorrow. Or his earning years could max out at 10 is kinda crazy. If ownership and management wasn't turning over perhaps a handshake agreement to make up the 900 k they are short to pay him is added to whatever contract they give him after this one is plausible. But how can Pinto trust that? That non buy out for Murray really hurt the sens.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Technically it's 5 bad contracts, they're paying 4 players to not play for the team. Just asking someone to 'suck it up' when they're worth more than double what they have to give him when an injury could end his career tomorrow. Or his earning years could max out at 10 is kinda crazy. If ownership and management wasn't turning over perhaps a handshake agreement to make up the 900 k they are short to pay him is added to whatever contract they give him after this one is plausible. But how can Pinto trust that? That non buy out for Murray really hurt the sens.

The injury concern is a double-edged sword. You can sign your perceived 30-35 goal scorer to 8 year 63M contract and not get the return you wanted (this isn't a shot at Norris, I think he's fine). So with that said, I don't buy the injury argument as the reason for the holdup.

Pinto needs to be told, and I'm sure he has, that next season with all those buyout contracts off the book + Tarasenko leaving, there will be a large chunk of change available. Missing training camp and being a few weeks behind your teammates is not a recipe to have a strong year and cash in.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I think Norris is going on the LTIR here. Will make enough room for Pinto. Seems like his signing is imminent.
It’s what Vegas did last year to sign Hague the day before the season. Everyone knew they’d sign him that day, but it sucked cause he had to miss training camp.

I guess the one difference is, Lehner and Weber were not coming back during the season. We assume Norris is, correct?

It will give them time to figure it out though.. assuming that’s the plan here.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think it's more the new owner than PD. He'd have a firm agreement that in January he gets X x X years

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The injury concern is a double-edged sword. You can sign your perceived 30-35 goal scorer to 8 year 63M contract and not get the return you wanted (this isn't a shot at Norris, I think he's fine). So with that said, I don't buy the injury argument as the reason for the holdup.

Pinto needs to be told, and I'm sure he has, that next season with all those buyout contracts off the book + Tarasenko leaving, there will be a large chunk of change available. Missing training camp and being a few weeks behind your teammates is not a recipe to have a strong year and cash in.
You can force Pinto into taking for way less than he should be getting.

But that's a fast-track to burn the bridge with the player. The second Pinto has arbitration rights, I guarantee he'll make it hell and force his way out as soon as he can, assuming he continues to develop. It's basically saying 'we were short-sighted and signed a bunch of players because they seemed like a good deal, now be a team player and take what we can afford'.

Reactions: Seanaconda

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
DiMarco saying the ask to take Joseph is a 1st. Don’t believe anything out of Philly really but it’s obviously not cheap if that’s who they’ve been trying to move.

Detroit taking him for their 1st back would be fun. That would just make the entire Debrincat saga more fun over the years, although they really don’t have a spot for him.…. I’m going to guess that’s likely what Philly wanted for him, if it’s coming from DiMarco.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
You can force Pinto into taking for way less than he should be getting.

But that's a fast-track to burn the bridge with the player. The second Pinto has arbitration rights, I guarantee he'll make it hell and force his way out as soon as he can, assuming he continues to develop. It's basically saying 'we were short-sighted and signed a bunch of players because they seemed like a good deal, now be a team player and take what we can afford'.
Guarantee, eh?

Even if this was close to as sure as you suggest (it aint), the odds of Dorion negotiating Pinto's next deal are incredibly low
DiMarco saying the ask to take Joseph is a 1st. Don’t believe anything out of Philly really but it’s obviously not cheap if that’s who they’ve been trying to move.

Detroit taking him for their 1st back would be fun. That would just make the entire Debrincat saga more fun over the years, although they really don’t have a spot for him.…. I’m going to guess that’s likely what Philly wanted for him, if it’s coming from DiMarco.
If it will take a 1st to get rid of Joseph, either someone will go on LTIR or Brannstrom or Kubalik are gone. Pretty simple

Reactions: Altimus

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Maybe new Captain Marchand likes pinto beans and asked specifically. Pintos are known to cause less flatulence than most beans and Marchand may be paying closer attention to how he smells now that he has to do more leadership interviews
oU9zLVTz_400x400.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad