Bruins in Spiral of Doom and Gloom

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
What I don't understand is why you've succeeded with Datsyuk, one of the highest PAs in the game, at wing, with Umberger at center instead. I see that your first line is balanced, but the organization of it confuses me

It was simple. When Datsyuk was at C they didn't score. So I moved him to the wing, even though he has a better FO%. And then they scored.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
And I can also tell you exactly why you can't score and why you're losing right now. You didn't try to lower your awesome players awesome PA ratings.

Check it:

Krejci PA 80, SC 71
Vermette PA 77, SC 74
Laich PA 77, SC 74
Backes PA 75, SC 73
Malkin PA 88, SC 81
Antropov PA 80, SC 76
Staal PA 81, SC 80

Basically - if the PA/SC balance thing is real - then you're suffering from it big time - So, its not really affecting the number of shots (758 for the Canucks versus 685 for the Flames) but perhaps the ability for your team to create real scoring chances.

You do have:

Hornqvist PA 72, SC 76

And he should play with Krejci and Malkin probably (since they're the 'purest' passers you have.) Especially on the PP.

Right now you have Malkin with Patty which is good - but I think Krejci will be a better fit. Vermette is a more balanced player which strangely probably unbalances your lines

Well at least I understand what you mean now. I definitely have a nice collection of well-rounded forwards with good SCs, but they almost all have better DFs. I'd already submitted new lines for tonight, I'll try again.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
This is expalins why my top line in incredible but doesn't explain why poni is scoring more than kovy who has the higher sc lol Toews is feeding them both

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
So Matt...any explanation for why on a line of:

Getzlaf 87pa 74 sc
Vanek 76 pa 80 sc
Semin 82 pa 83 sc

Getzlaf takes the most shots? Getzlaf plays a few more minutes, mostly because of the pk, but how does Vanek only have 61 shots to Getzlaf's 110?

It is weird how nobody on my team is scoring but Getzlaf, but haven't wanted to mess with things since my team has been winning.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
So Matt...any explanation for why on a line of:

Getzlaf 87pa 74 sc
Vanek 76 pa 80 sc
Semin 82 pa 83 sc

Getzlaf takes the most shots? Getzlaf plays a few more minutes, mostly because of the pk, but how does Vanek only have 61 shots to Getzlaf's 110?

It is weird how nobody on my team is scoring but Getzlaf, but haven't wanted to mess with things since my team has been winning.

I've always found that centres are more involved in the play in these simulators (both FHL and STHS), even with wildy passing-slanted stats. The key is not the performance of the individual players, though, but the line - so as long as they're performing, it doesn't matter who's getting the goals.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I've always found that centres are more involved in the play in these simulators (both FHL and STHS), even with wildy passing-slanted stats. The key is not the performance of the individual players, though, but the line - so as long as they're performing, it doesn't matter who's getting the goals.

Yeah - I will say though that on my top line my C is the player who scores the fewest points - but when Datsyuk plays at C he doesn't score. So, I'm not sure what's going on there.

kasper11 said:
Getzlaf 87pa 74 sc
Vanek 76 pa 80 sc
Semin 82 pa 83 sc

Well firstly from my examination this is probably the best single line in the sim as far as the ratings go in relation to the theory in this thread. Why is is that Vanek isn't the scorer I'm not sure... just another mystery amongst all the others.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
New lines, new theory, same result. Two regulation wins in my last 22.

I find it really bizarre myself. Even the coaching changes had no real effect. Zac's taking over with some simming next week when I hit a really busy stretch at work etc. so we'll see if he can save your season.....

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
I find it really bizarre myself. Even the coaching changes had no real effect. Zac's taking over with some simming next week when I hit a really busy stretch at work etc. so we'll see if he can save your season.....

Zack I'm a big fan of you.................. I know you can sim as good has Handsome Kershaw did for me. He was the best thing that happen in my life when he was simming. Even let me win against him

Last edited:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site

Ya, I can't figure out why I'm not scoring. It's not for a lack of shots, or a poor powerplay, or a lack of talent or conservative line sliders. Things would be even worse if I lost some of those shooutout games lately.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Haha forget saving anyone season I have to save my own I'm in a down fall right now need to find something to get my own team back to it's winning ways

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Ya, I can't figure out why I'm not scoring. It's not for a lack of shots, or a poor powerplay, or a lack of talent or conservative line sliders. Things would be even worse if I lost some of those shooutout games lately.

Same here...somehow Khabibulin is carrying my team so far. Not what I expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad