News Article: Bruins grant Tuukka Rask a Leave of Absence - MOD post #92

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I'm not trying to push where this thread should go, but could we maybe keep the posts about who the backup is gonna be to another thread? I think we need to be respectful about Tuukka and whatever it is he has to deal with here

looks to me that people are being very respectful about Tuukka and what he has to deal with but talking about who takes his place on the roster seems like its a logical connection to this thread. Considering we know next to nothing and probably wont about why he is taking the leave there isn't much to be talked about other than wishing him the best and discussing what the team will do without him. If the mods feel it doesn't belong I am sure they will let us know.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I live in Tuukka's neck of the woods and have seen him a fair amount off the ice, so I hope everything will be okay with regards to his leave.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Sweeney saying it's not health says to me tuukka is healthy and that is it, hopefully the rest of his family is okay. Tuukka is a very private guy we may never know...

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Most times these boards have ripped Rask's play I have defended him saying he really isn't playing that bad . This year there has been no defense ; his movement even looks slow . When he only gave up one to Ottawa on a lot of shots ,I still didn't think he looked sound. Hope it isn't too bad .

Reactions: Strafer

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I wish Tuukka all the best. I know how hard it is to concentrate when something personal is going on - for an NHL goaltender, I can't imagine how hard it must be to be under a microscope like that. I hope his family is okay.

Reactions: Strafer

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
looks to me that people are being very respectful about Tuukka and what he has to deal with but talking about who takes his place on the roster seems like its a logical connection to this thread. Considering we know next to nothing and probably wont about why he is taking the leave there isn't much to be talked about other than wishing him the best and discussing what the team will do without him. If the mods feel it doesn't belong I am sure they will let us know.
Agree other wise just becomes speculation of what is going on.

Reactions: Scotto74

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

That's fine. I was just making a suggestion in case things got too far off track i.e. arguments about who should come up, is a trade necessary, etc.

Reactions: Scotto74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad