mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
This is actually from The Athletic NHL rather than just The Athletic Boston:

Young Core - 10th overall
Management & Coaching - 20th overall
Ownership & Market - 20th overall
Salary Cap Situation - 1st overall
Overall: 4th (only behind Toronto, Winnipeg, Colorado)

Future Power Rankings: Our panel projects how all NHL teams...

The Bruins are one of the few franchises to win a Stanley Cup in the salary cap era and quickly retool to set themselves up for success in the next several years. This group isn’t loaded with as much young talent as some of the other teams at the top of this list, but an improving cap situation in three years, good young talent and an ownership that will spend should keep Boston in contention. Tuukka Rask, David Backes and David Krejci all come off the books following the 2020-21 season, setting this team up to have financial flexibility. And David Pastrnak’s contract will look even better.

Scott Burnside on why he rated ownership and market so high: “For me, it’s their staying power. The consistency of ownership is self-evident, but also their relevance in the marketplace. They’ve managed through thick and thin to remain a really important part of maybe one of the greatest sports towns in the world. It’s an organization in a very competitive market that has always carved out an important place.”

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
We have a long way to get there with our offense I think. Defense, I think we are in great shape. McAvoy, Carlo, Gryz, Lauzon I'd like to think are the definite Top 4. Potentially we are able to sign Krug to a reasonable contract. That Top 5 D would be amazing.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It's nice be thought of as 4th overall but so much can happen between now and then . . . Trades, injuries, CBA . . . Just saying.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Not sure how the coaching isn't seen as at the very least top half of the league. Mgmt I guess must substantially impact that ranking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad