Bruins Finish Season in the Record Books

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Boston (AP): Boston takes it's place in HFNHL history.

The Boston Bruins put down the Minnesota Wild tonight 4 goals to 1, tying the 2004 Senators for the all-time HFNHL record number of wins at 59, but blowing out the least number of losses for a season record at only 14. With 128 points, the Bruins have not only set the all-time regular season points record, but they have only suffered defeat 14 times in an 82 game season. This is truely an HFNHL record that is worthy of praise - a marker that will be difficult to match for many seasons to come.

However, the true test of this team comes now - the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Stanley Cup is everything. The test of a teams mettle. The war of champions. The ultimate quest demanding individual sacrifice for the collective good of the team.

These Bruins are ready.

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Put the Jackets, Red Wings, Oilers, Wild, Sharks in the East and your record isn't so great! :dunno: :p:

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
hockeyisgod said:
Put the Jackets, Red Wings, Oilers, Wild, Sharks in the East and your record isn't so great! :dunno: :p:

Yeah - the East is a Cake-Walk...

New Jersey is terrible...Washington Sucks...Philly is weak...'My Grandma could beat <insert eastern conf. team> blindfolded, on one leg, from space...yada yada'

Oh such delicious tripe. :shakehead

At a glance - I had more trouble with Eastern Conf. teams than I did Western Conf. teams. I think I had more losses vs. the Canadiens and Capitals than I did vs. all of the playoff teams in the West combined.

Tripe may not have any substance, but facts about Tripe certainly do. Did you know that Tripe broth is still quite popular in Italy? Its used as a stock for a variety of delicious soups, and they also dip fresh baked bread in it. Very tasty.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Vaive-Alive said:
Did you know that Tripe broth is still quite popular in Italy? Its used as a stock for a variety of delicious soups, and they also dip fresh baked bread in it. Very tasty.

In fact, I did not know that, maybe I should get some of this tripe!

Either way, great season and good luck in the playoffs! No harm meant in that comment, just trying to stir things up a little. :yo:

Now hopefully Elias is back for game one of the playoffs. Team officials says he has an upper-body injury, although reports on the HFNHL site may say otherwise. :biglaugh:

HFNHL Red Wings

Despite the aforementioned success the Canadiens have had against you I bet you're hoping that the Lightning lose their final game so that you don't have to face Tampa.

If I recall correctly the Lightning have twice snuck into the play-offs and in both cases taken out the President Cup winner in the 1st round. Maybe a three-peat?

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
HFNHL Red Wings said:
Despite the aforementioned success the Canadiens have had against you I bet you're hoping that the Lightning lose their final game so that you don't have to face Tampa.

If I recall correctly the Lightning have twice snuck into the play-offs and in both cases taken out the President Cup winner in the 1st round. Maybe a three-peat?

Lightning never strikes twice....errrr....three times...

Yikes!...

Kruegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad