GDT: Bruins Development Camp Discussion Thread

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Question for those there today: Did you feel Donato was showboating a little?

Yesterday Pastrnak was a bit and today it seemed that Donato was doing it at times in the 1st session. Nothing too over the top but a few extra cute moves here and there and it became noticeable especially in the one on one and 4 on 4 drills.

I do wish they had invited another goalie or 2 and given Subban the summer off.

My hope for next year is that they hold an actual game at the garden the last day of camp so they can show fans what they can do. A lot of other teams are doing this and it seems both the fans and players really love it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Question for those there today: Did you feel Donato was showboating a little?

Yesterday Pastrnak was a bit and today it seemed that Donato was doing it at times in the 1st session. Nothing too over the top but a few extra cute moves here and there and it became noticeable especially in the one on one and 4 on 4 drills.

I do wish they had invited another goalie or 2 and given Subban the summer off.

My hope for next year is that they hold an actual game at the garden the last day of camp so they can show fans what they can do. A lot of other teams are doing this and it seems both the fans and players really love it.

Donato has a lot of Bergeron traits- not fast or quick but very calm with the puck and good decisions - I asked a friend who has a kid that plays against him and my bud raves about how he is always a step ahead. He may read this so in full disclosure he gave me the Bergeron qualities.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Donato has a lot of Bergeron traits- not fast or quick but very calm with the puck and good decisions - I asked a friend who has a kid that plays against him and my bud raves about how he is always a step ahead. He may read this so in full disclosure he gave me the Bergeron qualities.

Makes more sense than before ;)

I definitely see some Bergy in him. He really impressed me in the scrimmage reading plays and driving to the net.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Went today for a very short time. I am on call so I couldn't sit there with no cell service. Kept my eye on Pastrnak and I liked what I saw.

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston
Makes more sense than before ;)

I definitely see some Bergy in him. He really impressed me in the scrimmage reading plays and driving to the net.

By any chance, were you wearing an orange-ish sweatshirt yesterday?

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Just want to thank everybody who has contributed excellent info from D-camp to us in the foreign legion.

Wilbur*

Thoughts on D Emil Johansson? I've read he's playing top-4 mins in Sweden's men's league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad