GDT: Bruins Development Camp Discussion Thread

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=725285

BOSTON BRUINS SEVENTH ANNUAL DEVELOPMENT CAMP ROSTER AS OF JULY 3, 2014

Forwards: Cole Bardreau*, Kyle Baun*, Anders Bjork, Anton Blidh, Peter Cehlarik, Mitchell Dempsey, Michael Doherty*, Ryan Donato, Ryan Fitzgerald, Alex Globke*, Colton Hargrove, Simon Norberg*, David Pastrnak.

Defensemen: Linus Arnesson, Matt Benning, Matt Grzelcyk, Emil Johansson, Rob O’ Gara, Wiley Sherman, Billy Sweezey*, Oleg Yevenko*.

Goaltenders: Zane Gothberg, Malcolm Subban.

*Indicates attendance to Development Camp is on an invite basis.

DEVELOPMENT CAMP SCHEDULE AND MEDIA AVAILABILITY

Wednesday, July 9 (Wilmington, MA)
-On-ice practice, Ristuccia Arena, 10:30 a.m.

Thursday, July 10 (Wilmington, MA)
-On-ice practice, Ristuccia Arena, 11:00 a.m.

Friday, July 11 (Wilmington, MA)
-On-ice practice, Ristuccia Arena, 10:00 a.m.

Saturday, July 12 (Wilmington, MA)
-On-ice practice, Ristuccia Arena, 3:00 p.m.

Sunday, July 13 (Wilmington, MA)
-On-ice practice, Ristuccia Arena, 10:00 a.m

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
tommy cross should retire and run development camp except none of the prospects would actually develop.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Keep an eye on:

Oleg Yevenko; Big, tough, physical defensive defenceman, appeared in all 8 games for Belarus in the 2014 WHC, could be some potential there.

Alex Globke; Led Lake Superior State in scoring as a freshman and has a bit of size to go with the offensive talent 6'2'' 200.

Simon Norberg; This one is strange, kid plays in Leksand's U20 team but is coming to Bruins development camp. Bruins must see something in him, just for that alone I'd keep an eye on him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Guess I'm getting mixed up with training camp & post-lockout years. Thought they did a showcase day at the Garden for D-camp too.

yah, it gets kind of funky during training camp where four or so days early the kids are in Wilmington and then the big boys show up and it goes to the Garden, and they have that split open to the public thing on the weekend.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Oleg could learn a lot from Zdeno in camp and work his way up in Providence. Would be a great long-term signing. 6'7, 250pds --could be a 3rd pairing shut-down Dman down the road as he is certainly young enough still to develop into that big body of his.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Wings camp July 3-8 so still a chance. Man they have a huge camp.

Ryan Van Stralen is the guy I want invited. Colt would love this guy. But he's at Sens camp from July 1-7 - so still a chance there too

Indeed I would. You mentioned him a couple of years ago so I followed him and he really blossomed this year, eh?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Oleg could learn a lot from Zdeno in camp and work his way up in Providence. Would be a great long-term signing. 6'7, 250pds --could be a 3rd pairing shut-down Dman down the road as he is certainly young enough still to develop into that big body of his.

Breen and Oleg both at 6'7. Potential ceiling could be pretty good. Both could learn A LOT from Z.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Breen and Oleg both at 6'7. Potential ceiling could be pretty good. Both could learn A LOT from Z.

They could be coming in (on the 3rd pairing) in 3 years while Chara is going out --it would keep that massive reach/punishment on the PK going.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Oleg made an impression at the Devils camp last year. Hopefully he does well here too. Prov could use him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad