Post-Game Talk: Bruins blow it in the 3rd again, show they just don't have it right now.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
Think whatever you want, just makes it easier to discern who I put on my ignore list.

and vice versa

I give the benefit of the doubt to those I am loyal too, that to me is being a good fan, there is no way of being sure what Brad felt from that, and he was obviously pretty upset with Ovechkin in the game as they got in a tussle too

it was far from being a phantom ribeiro type thing, and like I said, I have the back of those that I am loyal too and willing to give the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise, it is the least a fan can do

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc
Stupid penalties are what killed them in this game and of course there lack of a power play. Btw I was not too impressed with soderberg last night, this was my first viewing of him and I think he is out of place at wing. He seems much better suited for the front of the net then the corners. I don't recall him winning a single puck battle in the corners.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
This season has been one major league pain in the ass. That is all.

Drinking heavily and frequently tends to help.

I will say I have a good feeling about the post-season...
LIGHT+AT+THE+END+OF+THE+TUNNEL+1.jpg

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Diving and embellishing are in the same category. Calling it embellishment doesn't make it any less worse than calling it a dive.

Also, for the people that say that it hurts to get hit where he did, it very well may have hurt him. However, if it was someone on the Capitals that had gone done, you can guarantee that those same people would be saying it was a dive and that there's a lot of padding there.

Oh, and this is probably Marchand's worst dive, which was during last years playoffs.

Not really worth bickering about but I am of the belief diving is worse. Diving is making something out of nothing; embellishing to me means exaggerating something that did indeed happen. With diving their should be one penalty (diver); with embellishment both the embellishing player and the player committing the penalty should be in the box.

Last edited:

du5566*

Nothing more to say here. Bruins just are not a good team right now and haven't been for quite some time.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Didn't get to watch the Caps game last night but I watched it this aft on GameCentre. Bruins played a pretty good game 5-0n-5. A bounce here or there, Kelly's post shot, a couple of chintzy calls that led to PP goals... meh, I think there are concerns, but overall, I think the B's level of play has been on an upward trend.

Still some puck management issues, but not as bad as we've seen in the past month. The good signs are:
- Lucic playing better
- Kelly playing better since he came back
- Merlot line playing like they used to
- Rask playing very well

I don't like Peverley on DK's wing, but with Looch playing better, we could see more punch from that line in the playoffs. Might be worth trying Soderberg up there for a few shifts. Or Jagr when he's healthy.

Bergy's wingers have been a bit disappointing of late, but I'm not worried about that line. I think they'll turn it up a notch.

Kelly playing like the Kelly we were used to before this season, helps to stabilize his line. They'll get better when Jagr's back, or even with Pevs on it.

Pointless to predict what the playoffs will bring because you just never know. I think this team is starting to get it together although I understand, and share to some degree, people's skepticism and worries. But I think they're very capable of beating whoever they draw in the first round, and then who knows...

Whatever's been ailing this team, I think it's in attitude and mentality, not talent. They can't alter their talent, but they can alter their attitude and mentality, and good teams do that in the playoffs. We'll see if the 2013 Bruins can do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad