Post-Game Talk: Bruins blow it in the 3rd again, show they just don't have it right now.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Sorry, they don't.

I'll say this much: playing Toronto in the 1st Round might be the best thing for this team. Toronto plays heavy enough to force the Bruins to match or get run out early. They haven't seen the playoffs in forever, the guys there have little to no experience with it, makes them vulnerable. Toronto does not excel at anything but fighting majors, and their goaltending & defense is especially suspect IMO. Their greatest offensive weapon completely disappears when playing against us. All of that coupled with the record we have against them over the past several seasons signifies to me they'd be the best match-up.

We have to win tomorrow to get the 2-seed. I'd say it's not worth it. Not to mention that some players HAVE to rest. Chara especially NEEDS to take a game off. Without him in there, plus whomever else they decide to give a night off, it's going to make it more difficult to win anyway.

I really hope that they don't force Chara to play. He's looked poor at best the past few weeks, and the constant playing has to be taking a toll. Best thing for him and the Bruins is to give him the night off.

Last edited:

Chieftans22*

Our first PP unit is :facepalm:

We need Lucic in front, Dougie on the point to hit the damn net. Put out Bergeron with Seguin and fill the last slot with Krejci/Jagr

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If Hamilton gets benched for McQuaid in the playoffs I'm going to puke. McQuaid has no business being in the lineup right now.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
Don't blame the refs for the loss...

...but Washington didn't score an even strength goal all night and the last two power play goals were as a result of complete embellishments and awful calls.

So yeah, the refs had nothing to do with it.

What is it about red jerseys that just make you an absolute ********* of a hockey player?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
The 2 seed is definally worth it a 1st round match up with the islanders and home ice guaranteed until the ECF you have to go for it

We are a bad road team and the best home team

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
Yup.

They played 40 minutes when they needed 60....freakin' Jekyll and Hyde team.

Y'all know how I feel about this team right now....I was castigated for it after the 'convincing' wins against the mighty Panthers and Lightning (who had played out of town the night before). If I were a betting man I'd say that it's more likely they'll be golfing in May.

That's all I'm saying.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Facts:

- Bruins had 8 of their 14 games in April against NON-PLAYOFF TEAMS.
- They have lost 7 of the last 13 games in April.
- They have only scored more than 2 goals in four games, 3 of which were against NON-PLAYOFF TEAMS.
- They only won 1 game against a playoff team this month. ONE.
- Their last win against a playoff team came on APRIL 2nd.

No one needs to whine or complain when the facts speak for themselves folks.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
ACR summed it up perfectly last thread. It's a bi polar feeling

You want to blame the refs, but look at the body of work these past few weeks. 2nd to last game is not the one to run with excuses.

Tough loss, the important thing is to rebound tomorrow and win the division.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am sick of the crappy pp. yes they won the cup with a crappy pp but that isn't reason to ignore the crap that is our pp.

One positive is that the Bruins were pretty dominate 5 on 5 tonight. They looked good.

Peverly however is awful. I am to the point where I would rather see Jagr with Krejci and Dogman on the third and Pevs in the press box. When Horton comes back I hope Peverly is in the box. Even when he tries he makes nothing happen.

Seguin needs to get more physical.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
And this blaming the refs again

The same refs who gave us a Power play for the last 1:40 of regulation? Yeah don't blame the horrible Bruins power play for failing for the 800th time. Blame the refs for what happened AFTER we should have won the game in regulation

You excuse makers are getting really tiresome

It's the same crap every game from people about the officiating. If you looked at the posts here and compared them to PP opportunities and times on the PK you'd think for certain the Bruins got BOTH the least amount of PP's and the MOST PK's.

For the hundredth time, why don't some of you actually look up the number of times the Bruins have been on the PP and PK since Julien arrived in Boston, and let me know where they ranked amongst the rest of the league?

*Spoiler* Outside of one season, the Bruins have had few PP's like people here have said, but have ALSO been called for some of the least amount of penalties, year in and year out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad