Post-Game Talk: Bruins at Rangers - October 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Miller had a really strong game...lots of solid chances that just didn't make their way into the net...I feel like I saw at least 5 or 6. He was making plays happen in that second half.

Vesey has also been above and beyond what I expected. There really wasn't a steep learning curve for him--looks like he's adjusted. Now I just hope it's consistent. Stepan seems to just be playing a quiet effective game--sometimes I forget he's on the ice.

I'm still iffy on Hayes. He's there and then he's not. It's the same with Zibby, which Sens fans warned us about. But there's a lot of depth and a lot of ways for us to score. It's refreshing to have that depth.

Honestly, I think Grabner and Fast are playing very well together. If Lindberg can really click with them the way they click with each other, it would be a very good fourth line, maybe the best we've had in a while (Even though they're not able to finish). They create a lot of turnovers and are hell on the forecheck.

Pirri has a hell of a shot, which we already knew.

McDonagh was all over the place last night (in a good way).

Holden made some rough plays..I really don't have a problem with him on the third pair, but he's really just not a top-4 d-man.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Zibanejad has without a doubt cooled down these past two games but he's not finding chemistry with players that aren't finding chemistry with anybody else. Zucc and Miller in particular, the former of which I think has been awful to start the year.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Oh please. The only decent chances Boston had over the last 2 periods were after he stupidly left the crease and lost the puck. Yes, back to normal. Back to stopping easy shots as that is all he can handle.

That is entirely untrue. Dominic Moore had a small breakaway, Boston's PP has some nice chances, Kreici and Bergeron both had strong chances down low early in the 3rd...none of those involved him leaving the crease to play the puck.

Honestly, he's working out his kinks. The team is winning. What is the problem?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Zibanejad has without a doubt cooled down these past two games but he's not finding chemistry with players that aren't finding chemistry with anybody else. Zucc and Miller in particular, the former of which I think has been awful to start the year.

Zucc was the rangers best fwd in game 2, but yes I agree he's had a mediocre start to the season. Off to his best start production wise nonetheless.

Vesey Stepan Zucc played well the games they were together. Kreider Zeb Zucc had one period and one game together before kreider went on injury reserve where they played really well (period) (ok, full game).

But I agree he doesnt fit the young speedy atmosphere. And is old.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Mika's been much quieter without Kreider. I'd just go back to Kreider - Mika - Buch when they're all healthy. The line clicked and was borderline unstoppable. Don't mess with it. Keep Vesey with Stepan and Nash. Miller - Hayes - Zuccarello will be fine as the 3rd line.

In order for that line to really click........Miller is going to HAVE TO put the puck in the net. Hes with 2 really good playmakers........therefore he needs to be the one potting them. Right?

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Look at the shots against and quality chances against they 7 we're much improved. I said defense has been fine. I did not say defense has been elite.

Our goaltending has not been fine. Just because the jersey says ovechkin doesn't mean he should get beat by him from the outside circle off his back foot. Hank is a top 3 goalie in the world. That is unfriggenacceptable.

And the final stat line says yes two goals but putting your team behind 2 goals kills a team. That's how good we are that we can overcome that. But hank has been bad it's ok to say that seriously. Look at his save percentage it's trash for a guy of his ilk. We've dominated every game. Should be 7-0 could be .500 with how he's played particularly early in games.

Even that Pasternak goal. You're nuts if you think he doesn't want that back. He opened up and made the first move something that when he's on he doesn't do. Gets beat 5 hole. McIntyre makes the same save on JT Miller twice no problem coming in from the side. Hank ended up 15 feet outside the net. That's bad goaltending.

He has to be better. Aren't winning anything when your goalie has a .909 sav percentage in today's NHL Christ the fan boys are absurd here.

After last nights game did you really just compare McIntyre to Hank? And we're not winning anything with Holden or Girardi. I have faith in Hank to be elite like he has been every year. I don't have faith in Holden or Girardi.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
miller had a really strong game...lots of solid chances that just didn't make their way into the net...i feel like i saw at least 5 or 6. He was making plays happen in that second half.

Vesey has also been above and beyond what i expected. There really wasn't a steep learning curve for him--looks like he's adjusted. Now i just hope it's consistent. Stepan seems to just be playing a quiet effective game--sometimes i forget he's on the ice.

I'm still iffy on hayes. He's there and then he's not. It's the same with zibby, which sens fans warned us about. But there's a lot of depth and a lot of ways for us to score. It's refreshing to have that depth.

Honestly, i think grabner and fast are playing very well together. If lindberg can really click with them the way they click with each other, it would be a very good fourth line, maybe the best we've had in a while (even though they're not able to finish). They create a lot of turnovers and are hell on the forecheck.

Pirri has a hell of a shot, which we already knew.

Mcdonagh was all over the place last night (in a good way).

holden made some rough plays..i really don't have a problem with him on the third pair, but he's really just not a top-4 d-man.

Cant for the life of me understand why Holden would go to the middle to cover when McD was there, it was his guy that scored. Horrible, he needs to KNOW that MCD had him.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Mika needs Kreider driving the play down the LW to open up space for him down the middle. I do agree that he hasn't been that great these past two games, but at least it's being overshadowed by how well Vesey, Stepan, Miller, and Nash are playing.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Zucc is fine... Not worried one bit about him.

I'm just amazed at the depth though. Guys like Vesey and Pirri really have added so much. Plus, some guys have improved from last year and I didn't think it would be so many across the board.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Mika needs Kreider driving the play down the LW to open up space for him down the middle. I do agree that he hasn't been that great these past two games, but at least it's being overshadowed by how well Vesey, Stepan, Miller, and Nash are playing.

Believe it or not.....imo, that works 2 ways. Zib has enough of a reputation that he needs to be covered or "at least paid attention to" which allows Kreids some space, even though he may not need it with his God given speed.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
[/color][/color][/color][/color][/i][/b]

Cant for the life of me understand why Holden would go to the middle to cover when McD was there, it was his guy that scored. Horrible, he needs to KNOW that MCD had him.

That was exactly the play I was thinking of when I wrote that.

He does plays like that here and there. He also has a habit of backhanding the puck up the boards, which, to be fair, is likely caused by the fact that he's on his off side.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Zucc is fine... Not worried one bit about him.

I'm just amazed at the depth though. Guys like Vesey and Pirri really have added so much. Plus, some guys have improved from last year and I didn't think it would be so many across the board.

Have they really gotten better as individuals OR have the additions slid into roles that have allowed those players to be properly used and placed where they can succeed?

In other words you cant expect players that are "good passers" to become snipers such as Zib and Pirri are.

For me......this kid Vesey looks like the real deal. Maybe hes surprising the league right now, but if he continuously gets in those scoring areas and drives to the net like hes some kind of Milan Lucic power forward......well then, thats just gonna behoove his linemates. For crying out loud, thats what we EXPECT from Nasher, not some smallish 23 year old kid. Awesome though, isnt it? How fortunate are we for him to land in our laps.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
That is entirely untrue. Dominic Moore had a small breakaway, Boston's PP has some nice chances, Kreici and Bergeron both had strong chances down low early in the 3rd...none of those involved him leaving the crease to play the puck.

Honestly, he's working out his kinks. The team is winning. What is the problem?

Some people don't know how to enjoy nice things? :)

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
[/color][/color][/color][/color][/i][/b]

Classic guy on his off side whose instincts bring him back into the middle at inopportune times.

I'm holding out judgment on Holden until we actually see him play his natural side. Wonder if we'll see a change after he only got 14 min last night...

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The question is, will we still love Pirri and Vesey when they aren't shooting 44% and 30%?

Im no genius but, isnt that the end result when your team is playmaking the hell out of the puck? Arent you SUPPOSED TO BE in ideal shooting positions when set up properly? You dont NEED 50 shots a game, to put 4 in. Just really good opportunities for players that KNOW how to shoot. We really havent had that despite all our winning in the last 10 years......okay 7.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Zibanejad is a PPG so far??

Jesus, he just soaks them up even when he's quiet.

Funny how that goes. When youre scoring damned near 4 a game, lots of players are going to have decent numbers. Spreading around the wealth with our team depth.....nice, very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad