Boston Bruins Bruins Announce 2019-20 Preseason Schedule

Giguere27

Feb 4, 2006
Bavaria
Does anybody know when and where tickets will be available?

Planing a trip to the US in september with a stop in Boston. Thanks for your answers!

Reactions: Alicat

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Last year they announced the regular season schedule on the Thursday June 21st, which was one day before the Draft, and 8 days after the theoretical Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I guess they're taking their time this year....probably because they needed to know who plays on the Wednesday opener - traditionally it's four games, US @ Eastern US, CAN @ Eastern CAN, US @ Western US, and CAN @ Western CAN, so each country can focus on two games in succession. Usually one of those four teams is the EC or WC champ.

Does anybody know when and where tickets will be available?

Planing a trip to the US in september with a stop in Boston. Thanks for your answers!

I'd recommend that you wait to buy tickets for the preseason. Absolutely do NOT buy them from the Bruins when they go on sale - they charge a ridiculous amount of money. As a STH, I even find it impossible to SELL any preseason tickets through their official channel, because they won't let you sell for under 50% of face value - my balcony tickets are $65, and traditionally I've seen balcony seats (granted, slightly worse than mine) go for as little as $20-$25, including all fees. Last year, I saw a set of 5 seats on sale for $9 plus $4.99 fees on Ace Ticket for a Wednesday preseason game against Detroit. The other games were $17 and $23. I don't know how much "shine" the team will get from being in the SCF, but preseason games won't be in huge demand. Don't worry too much about your specific seat - you can probably "steal" better seats, since the Garden will be at best half-full.

TicketMaster/TicketsNow for resale is okay for the regular season, but in September, definitely go with Ace Ticket or StubHub. Almost all tickets are mobile only - they will ask for an email so that their seller can transfer you the ticket via Ticketmaster. I have no idea if you have Ticketmaster in Germany, or how transfers would work internationally.

As far as timing, those cheap prices happen on the day of (or day before) the game. I can't imagine getting "priced out" of a preseason game. While planning in advance is nice, you really won't have to worry too much about getting a ticket. The ticket thread that's stickied should have information when it becomes available. The Chicago game might get some interest, given it's Chicago and it's the last preseaon game on a Saturday, so it should be close to the actual roster...but even then, it'll still be (American) football and baseball season here.

Reactions: Giguere27

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Monday, September 16 (Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey)
-Preseason Game at New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m. ET

Thursday, September 19 (Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA)
-Preseason Game at Philadelphia Flyers, 7 p.m. ET

Saturday, September 21 (United Center, Chicago, IL)
-Preseason Game at Chicago Blackhawks, 8:30 p.m. ET

Monday, September 23 (TD Garden, Boston, MA)
-Preseason Game vs. Philadelphia Flyers, 7 p.m. ET

Wednesday, September 25 (TD Garden, Boston, MA)
-Preseason Game vs. New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m. ET

Saturday, September 28 (TD Garden, Boston, MA)
-Preseason Game vs. Chicago Blackhawks, 3 p.m. ET

Giguere27

Feb 4, 2006
Bavaria
Last year they announced the regular season schedule on the Thursday June 21st, which was one day before the Draft, and 8 days after the theoretical Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I guess they're taking their time this year....probably because they needed to know who plays on the Wednesday opener - traditionally it's four games, US @ Eastern US, CAN @ Eastern CAN, US @ Western US, and CAN @ Western CAN, so each country can focus on two games in succession. Usually one of those four teams is the EC or WC champ.

I'd recommend that you wait to buy tickets for the preseason. Absolutely do NOT buy them from the Bruins when they go on sale - they charge a ridiculous amount of money. As a STH, I even find it impossible to SELL any preseason tickets through their official channel, because they won't let you sell for under 50% of face value - my balcony tickets are $65, and traditionally I've seen balcony seats (granted, slightly worse than mine) go for as little as $20-$25, including all fees. Last year, I saw a set of 5 seats on sale for $9 plus $4.99 fees on Ace Ticket for a Wednesday preseason game against Detroit. The other games were $17 and $23. I don't know how much "shine" the team will get from being in the SCF, but preseason games won't be in huge demand. Don't worry too much about your specific seat - you can probably "steal" better seats, since the Garden will be at best half-full.

TicketMaster/TicketsNow for resale is okay for the regular season, but in September, definitely go with Ace Ticket or StubHub. Almost all tickets are mobile only - they will ask for an email so that their seller can transfer you the ticket via Ticketmaster. I have no idea if you have Ticketmaster in Germany, or how transfers would work internationally.

As far as timing, those cheap prices happen on the day of (or day before) the game. I can't imagine getting "priced out" of a preseason game. While planning in advance is nice, you really won't have to worry too much about getting a ticket. The ticket thread that's stickied should have information when it becomes available. The Chicago game might get some interest, given it's Chicago and it's the last preseaon game on a Saturday, so it should be close to the actual roster...but even then, it'll still be (American) football and baseball season here.

Thanks for your input!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad