Proposal: Bruins and Kings

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
Trying to see if everyone has the same value as the rumours on Tyler Toffoli.

Traded to Bruins
Tyler Toffoli
6th round 2020

Traded to Kings:
John Moore
JFK or Jakub Zboril
2nd Round Pick 2020

Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: bbfan419

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Trying to see if everyone has the same value as the rumours on Tyler Toffoli.

Traded to Bruins
Tyler Toffoli
6th round 2020

Traded to Kings:
John Moore
JFK or Jakub Zboril
2nd Round Pick 2020

Any thoughts on this?
I know the rumors but I think Toffoli heads to the Blues, Oilers or even the Flames..
Other than your 1st, Bos doesnt seem like it will offer the type of prospect LA might want

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
I know the rumors but I think Toffoli heads to the Blues, Oilers or even the Flames..
Other than your 1st, Bos doesnt seem like it will offer the type of prospect LA might want

That's fair - I have been reading the rumour reports indicating that teams are not offering a 1st for Toffoli and given LA may be looking to rebuild they were looking to stock the shelves with younger assets. But again all hearsay.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
That's fair - I have been reading the rumour reports indicating that teams are not offering a 1st for Toffoli and given LA may be looking to rebuild they were looking to stock the shelves with younger assets. But again all hearsay.
I think for a contender like Bos, STL, COL maybe even EDM.. they'd be willing to offer a 1st closer to the deadline... Toffoli isnt a driver, he's a damn good secondary. People like Kreider because he's big and fast but he's not a better player, heck i'll say Toffoli has proven to be a big game performer and his metrics back that up as does the eye test.. I think the Kings will hold off on trading him until the TDL in hopes he goes on his usually scoring streak which would obviously increase his trade value to a contender...

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
I think for a contender like Bos, STL, COL maybe even EDM.. they'd be willing to offer a 1st closer to the deadline... Toffoli isnt a driver, he's a damn good secondary. People like Kreider because he's big and fast but he's not a better player, heck i'll say Toffoli has proven to be a big game performer and his metrics back that up as does the eye test.. I think the Kings will hold off on trading him until the TDL in hopes he goes on his usually scoring streak which would obviously increase his trade value to a contender...

Yeah that is a fair point, I personally like Tyler Toffoli over Kreider as well. It is almost concerning that they want a B level prospect and a 1st for a UFA 45pt player. Granted he does offer more than his point production on other intangibles - but at that price tag, I would almost hope some teams stand pat.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I hope you're right but I do not see it.

I would be thrilled if Puljuarvi could be had from the coilers though

Reactions: BearsofBeantown

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Yeah that is a fair point, I personally like Tyler Toffoli over Kreider as well. It is almost concerning that they want a B level prospect and a 1st for a UFA 45pt player. Granted he does offer more than his point production on other intangibles - but at that price tag, I would almost hope some teams stand pat.
I think he'll resign for around his current salary unless the guy goes nuclear and literally leads his new team to a cup

Reactions: Guitpik

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I can't see Toffoli getting a 1st, maybe something like Heinen and 2nd rd pick, possibly a small add like Cehlarik, other teams won't offer much more either.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I can't see Toffoli getting a 1st, maybe something like Heinen and 2nd rd pick, possibly a small add like Cehlarik, other teams won't offer much more either.
Is Toffoli really that much of an upgrade an Heinen? I'm not a huge fan of Heinen but I think the idea of acquiring a guy like TT would be based around adding to the team without subtracting anyone in the lineup.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006

Although I agree that Toffoli doesn't return a 1st, if I'm LA I take the 2nd from the lowest seeded team at the trade deadline hoping a prospect I target at the end of the 1st round drops.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Yes, i belive those rumors.

But all 6 teams offer a 2nd + propect.
So i guess at least one of them will jump up to a 1st.

It's worth the gamble imo

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
Is Toffoli really that much of an upgrade an Heinen? I'm not a huge fan of Heinen but I think the idea of acquiring a guy like TT would be based around adding to the team without subtracting anyone in the lineup.

Finally someone else who isnt a a huge Danton Heinen fan - I get that he is a coach's dream player because of his versatility, but there is just something about his game that leaves me scratching my head.

TT I think is an upgrade, as the upside I think is better than DH, but you are right, I think the plan is to add Forward depth and not lose the roster spot. If Bjork could learn how to no hold onto the puck for as long as he does he could have some upside on the 2nd line, but until then we need a guy like TT.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I think its safe to assume that if a deal were struck today, he'd return a 2nd + prospect... With that said, the closer it gets to the TDL and if he continues scoring and showing he can be that missing piece.. One team will pony up a 1st.. It only takes one team

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Agree with this. Been arguing with Rangers fans all day in their own thread regarding the difference of it being basically none.

Reactions: BearsofBeantown

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I think its safe to assume that if a deal were struck today, he'd return a 2nd + prospect... With that said, the closer it gets to the TDL and if he continues scoring and showing he can be that missing piece.. One team will pony up a 1st.. It only takes one team
That could be, but I think LA realizes his value is a 2nd and mid level prospect and I doubt a team will give a 1st up as TDL day reaches the end, some team may offer a 2nd and pretty good prospect at the end, but won't give up a 1st.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
I would like to find a way to pry McAvoy away from the Bruins. He's probably the best defenseman in the entire league... huge size, elite goal scoring-ability, gets almost 49% of his starts in the defensive zone... would love to build around a player like that.

Pipe dream, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad