Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Dimitry Orlov and Garnet Hathaway from Washington

What you think?

• Love it?

Votes: 242 64.2%
  • Like it?

Votes: 109 28.9%
  • Dislike it?

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Hate it?

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • No opinion

Votes: 11 2.9%

• Total voters

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Can't stand Hathaway. Guess I'll learn to tolerate him. Loved Orlov for awhile.

Reminds me of one of the most amazing things that happened in Bruins history.

Opening night 1987……the Bruins picked up Willi Plett in the waiver draft a few days before because they thought they needed more toughness.

They had, Neely, Miller, Byers, Crowder, Shoebottom, and Blum already but they thought that wasn’t enough…

Plett got the biggest ovation during intros on opening night.

LOL

Hathaway = Plett

for me.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Reminds me of one of the most amazing things that happened in Bruins history.

Opening night 1987……the Bruins picked up Willi Plett in the waiver draft a few days before because they thought they needed more toughness.

They had, Neely, Miller, Byers, Crowder, Shoebottom, and Blum already but they thought that wasn’t enough…

Plett got the biggest ovation during intros on opening night.

LOL

Hathaway = Plett

for me.
def a good comp. Good job.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
How I feel about the wheels falling off the Caps:
1677195736239.gif

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Is Orlov a rental? I'd prefer the 1st to have been used for a non-rental is the only minor hesitation.

Sweeney wins another deadline regardless.

3rd line RW with size is the last possible addition.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Love this trade. Big thanks to Craig Smith. He certainly always gave full effort even if things weren't working out for him. Not lost upon me ..... if something magical were to happen this season, Smith did play 42 games if ya know what I mean
Definitely. Smith is a good guy and was a good contributor for a few years. Lost his wheels and his effectiveness in the past year and a half or so, unfortunately. Everyone's known since the start of the season that he'd be the sacrificial cap dump at the deadline, but he went out there and played honorably when pressed into the lineup (which was honestly a lot due to injury). Nothing but respect for him, hope he stays healthy and refinds his success in Washington.

Though since he's out of the organization, what you're implying is technically not possible, he could get jewelry but his name isn't going to be etched anywhere.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Is Orlov a rental? I'd prefer the 1st to have been used for a non-rental is the only minor hesitation.

Sweeney wins another deadline regardless.

3rd line RW with size is the last possible addition.
Yep.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Don't like Hathaway
Same, not sure I will learn to appreciate him, seems like a jerk and not in the but” ours” way that Marchy is. Maybe this is more about getting Orlov, but I love Forbort and hope this doesn’t force him out of the lineup.
Wishing Smitty the best(except against us) and glad that( for now )Cliffy remains a Bruin(aware we can’t afford him next year, so he may still be going somewhere before 3/3.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad