Salary Cap: Bruins 2021 - 2022

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Swayman/Vladar in net should solve any cap issues.

We’re lucky Ritchie didn’t pot a few more he’s gonna be a tough sign anyways if he has a big playoffs.

DK and Hall will have much better overall offers elsewhere.

Reactions: Numbah4

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
21.7 for those 5, that includes the person we're going to lose in expansion? Probably not right?
edit: ok you posted the other image after. We could get quite a bit more relief based on expansion.

So maybe a bit more than 21.7.

I'm thinking it's one of Rask or Reilly that isn't back, or there's another trade outside of the expansion person going the other way.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Swayman/Vladar in net should solve any cap issues.

We’re lucky Ritchie didn’t pot a few more he’s gonna be a tough sign anyways if he has a big playoffs.

DK and Hall will have much better overall offers elsewhere.
I’m not convinced that Ritchie will be back. I think DeBrusk and Frederic will be protected over him and that he could be traded. I just don’t see Ritchie’s fit here. I genuinely wonder what his camp will be asking for.

Reactions: Estlin

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
I’m not convinced that Ritchie will be back. I think DeBrusk and Frederic will be protected over him and that he could be traded. I just don’t see Ritchie’s fit here. I genuinely wonder what his camp will be asking for.
The way you feel about Ritchie is the same way I fell about Frederic. What do people see in this guy? He’s done absolutely nothing to warrant a protection over Ritchie.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
The way you feel about Ritchie is the same way I fell about Frederic. What do people see in this guy? He’s done absolutely nothing to warrant a protection over Ritchie.
Oh, believe me, I’d rather keep Ritchie. I’m just going based on what I think Sweeney will do. Unless of course Ritchie’s camp asks for an asinine contract. :laugh: Frederic is nothing more than a 4th line grinder, which we already have a million of in the pipeline.

Reactions: inactive user

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If some of these players lay another egg in the playoffs the salary cap or expansion draft isn't that much of an issue

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Reilly is likely the odd man out I would think, shouldn't be overly difficult to bring the rest back assuming they want to resign with Boston. If Rask has a poor playoffs all bets are off on the Bruins bringing him back, unless at a heavy discount.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
I'd try to do what it takes to keep the defensive depth and top two forward lines. if that means losing Rask, we take our lumps like when losing Chara and aim forth. here's to Swayman making that an easy call after being the first guy to put hands on the cup after the season. "whatever it takes" to keep the "second" line intact might tempt me to consider the returns a Pastrnak trade could bring, as sacrificial of youth as that might seem. we have so many stars leaning through the supposedly closing "window" that creative roster maintenance seems to me to be worth careful exploration. Rask has been our best goalie ever, but he has predictably fallen down into regular stardom since losing the tallest-ever dude with the longest-ever stick and the effects of keeping all of those shots to that much further outside all of those years. (Thomas greatly benefitted from that, too.) Swayman's young career shows better averages without ever playing with Chara. if it was all about Rask and his talents, would he not have been about 0.02 better than actual save percentage from this season? Sweeney has a tough offseason ahead, but the trade deadline deals make him seem ready to make more magic. it's a very pleasant surprise. here's to him continuing the decade-long (at least) trend of identifying (relative) minuses to be trimmed from the team for each next season's crew. it's what the Bruins have done and "need" to do. I'm here for it, yet again. this is a fun team to care about, but the culture and fandom might deserve attention toward improvement. actually... maybe just submit forfeit paperwork for these last two games. that would fly with the league, right?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I’m GM I offer them 2 year 12-13 M

I’m not dicking around low balling

Really? I low ball.

It's a business, and I would hope both sides on any given negotiation are mature enough to understand and appreciate how this works. Don throws Krejci's camp an offer 2 years at 4 per. Krejci shoots back 4 years 7 per...they all hem and haw over everything for a month and ultimately settle on something in the middle that nobody is thrilled about, but nobody is angry either.

EDIT:
I probably play a little more hard ball with Rask, as I don't envision him signing anywhere else. Just the vibe I pick up from the outside. I'm sure Sweeney has a better understanding on that one though.

Reactions: UConn126

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One of JDB/Ritchie will be gone IMO. Hall will be re signed, so both those guys would make too much to be on LW3. I can see Jake dealt for futures.

bruins21-22 - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Savard at 5 mil more for effect.
I’m GM (Lou you would be my assistant GM) I want Ritchie on my third line LW

you already called his next contract 2/5.6 M which I agree ~ may be a bit more

Nick Ritchie was born to be a third line LW on the Boston Bruins - he is like insurance. You hate paying the premiums till you need it.

my 2021-2 LW
Frederic

Lauko on deck

I’m rooting hard for DeBrusk ~ and I have high hopes but he’s a top 6 skill guy at the end of the day

I move him - i would bundle for Garland or send to Edmonton for draft picks

Jake DeBrusk if Edmonton can fit him in he would be excellent with McDavid @DominicT

Dom’s spectacular on Twitter but he’s my Bergeron to set me straight on HF ~ one of the best hockey minds I’ve ever been around

I’m Edmonton GM I am legitimately interested

He’s just on a third line talent here it’s a waste

my Cabin In the Woods Bruins 2021-22 lineup

63-37-88
71-46-12
21-13-Kase *(Garland)
11-20-14
Studnicka Kuhlman

I liked Kase a lot with Ducks so hoping for health & happiness

Last edited:

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I’m GM (Lou you would be my assistant GM) I want Ritchie on my third line LW

you already called his next contract 2/5.6 M which I agree ~ may be a bit more

Nick Ritchie was born to be a third line LW on the Boston Bruins - he is like insurance. You hate paying the premiums till you need it.

my 2021-2 LW
Frederic

Lauko on deck

I’m rooting hard for DeBrusk ~ and I have high hopes but he’s a top 6 skill guy at the end of the day

I move him - i would bundle for Garland or send to Edmonton for draft picks

Jake DeBrusk if Edmonton can fit him in he would be excellent with McDavid @DominicT

I’m Edmonton GM I am legitimately interested

He’s just on a third line talent here it’s a waste

my Cabin In the Woods Bruins 2021-22 lineup

63-37-88
71-46-12
21-13-Kase *
11-20-14
Studnicka Kuhlman

I liked Kase a lot with Ducks so hoping for health & happiness
I wonder what Garland would be looking at for a contract. I'd imagine some sort of bridge deal of 2-3 years at around $3.5 Million per. We'd probably have to add at least a 2nd, but I would do that.

If DeBrusk is somehow made available, I could see Edmonton as a fit. He's from the area and Keith Gretzky is their Assistant GM.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder what Garland would be looking at for a contract. I'd imagine some sort of bridge deal of 2-3 years at around $3.5 Million per. We'd probably have to add at least a 2nd, but I would do that.

If DeBrusk is somehow made available, I could see Edmonton as a fit. He's from the area and Keith Gretzky is their Assistant GM.
Yup & yup

DeBrusk having a good to excellent playoff helps us

As long as they sign Hall you move him

You could offer him as a potential sacrificial lamb in expansion and if they don’t take him you got an extra spot

but I don’t expect that

he’s to talented to young

ideally I would trade him in package for Garland

gives you two young RW sets you up for years ~ Garland is a lot like Gallagher

I would definitely overpay to get him here

that fails and they have signed Hall I offer him to Calgary or Edmonton

McDavid breaks down everything and Jake would be very good there skating in so much open ice ~ DeBrusk is perfect for that team

as I posted if I am Edmonton and can get him under cap I would 100% go after him buying low

DeBrusk is legit top 6 skills and like Sam Bennett needed or needs a change

he could score 30+ goals with McDavid at center and he could live in his house he bought

I’m Edmonton i also grab Sensyshyn ~ I still believe he’s got the skills to be a regular

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
any chance Rask and/or Krejci sign for less than 5M?[/QU

The Bruins have options in nets with Swayman and Vladar if Rask gets greedy. No way the Bruins should be paying him more then 5.5- 6/mil considering that he dosen't carry a heavy workload unlike many of the top goalies. As for Krejci, as long as Hall is resigned, pay the man, I can see him resigning for 6.6.5/mil on a 2 year deal. If Hall walks, go after Eichel, he wants out of Buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad