Management Bruce Cassidy talks about what went wrong in the bubble

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Will be the sixth summer in a row they ignore the 2RW spot.

I know that I do want a 3rd line player who can bang bodies and throw them when needed.

Sam Bennett had a real strong playoffs for the Flames so I doubt they are too keen to move him now. I still like his nasty streak though.

But yea it'd be nice to have something else to bitch about rather than the hole in the 2RW slot.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
So Pastrnak's conditioning was bad, yet you played him over 21 minutes a game leading all forwards. Okay Butch.
There is criticism to be levelled all around, no doubt. And Cassidy is definitely game for some, as he admits. But I have to be honest, this particular criticism makes zero sense. Give you an example and you tell me:

Tampa's leading RW is Kucherov with 33 goals in regular season. Let's say he's not in good condition for whatever reason. Does Cooper double shift him in place of Killorn -- who had 26 goals in regular season? No. That would be foolish. 80% of a poorly conditioned and now overworked Kucherov is not better than a fit Killorn.

Boston's leading RW is Pasta with 48 regular season goals. So he's unfit. Should we skate him extra shifts in place of Kase -- our second line RW, who had 7 regular season goals, and oh yeah also missed MORE camp time than Pasta?????? Well you tell me.....

Come on......

Reactions: easton117

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Out of all the Bruins problems, Cassidy is very low on the list if you ask me. There were a couple personnel choices I didnt really like, but he had to go fishing to create a spark on some of his lines that werent performing.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Can’t help but think Bruce didn’t have his team ready mentally at all for the playoffs. Between Tuukkas comments early on and Marchand in regards to the seeding games this team turned it on or at least tried to too late.

it’s also concerning how much he mentions Kuhlman. He was asked about size and talked about how he could get behind their D. He got a decent scoring chance once and didn’t finish. Other than that he was chasing the puck up and down the boards.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
“That kids gassed, keep him out there”

Or think about what it says to Pasta - we’re going to ride you and then call you a slacker...

There's no message. Butch didn't have much of an option. But maybe Pasta could show up in shape and act like a responsible pro. Other players get accused of "not caring", I don't see why Pasta should get a free ride. He's got the talent to take over a game, but if he's not in shape, that's probably not gonna happen. Pasta having a hattie in a game may have helped turn the tide of the TB series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad