Friedman: Bruce Boudreau - vancouvers next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
FINALLY

Green was so bad, easily the worst coach in the NHL.
Couldn’t coach defensive systems to save his life.

Benning being fired would have been 1000x better though.

Reactions: golffuul

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
FINALLY

Agree. The problem is they had all the players they needed. Benning decided not to even offer them contracts to stay. (Markstrom/Tanev/Toffoli). Only GM worse at keeping players is Kekkalainen in Columbus.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
FINALLY

Green was more important imo. I have more faith in Benning putting together a cup winning line up, than I do in Green's ability to coach us to a single win.

And I have ZERO faith in Benning.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
I mean, it can't possibly be worse with Boudreau, but NOTHING will change until Benning is gone and Aquilini stops f***ing meddling with his idiocy and incompetence that doesn't even belong on a blueberry farm.

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
So is Green going to get fired or are they just going to stop paying and let the problem sort itself out?

Reactions: Muttonchops

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Personally, I always liked Boudreau, and I think he's a fairly good coach. I think it's going to be a step in the right direction for Vancouver.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Bruce is an amazing coach. Vancouver will have a strong second half of the season. First dozen or so games will be more of a training camp for them.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
On the one hand, he fits the high tempo, offensive style most of our young guns would thrive at, and I suspect they will appreciate the change and will look noticeably better.

On the other hand with the defense we have we are going to be losing a lot of 9-7 games.....which is better than a frustrating to watch 3-1 loss so.....net positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad