NFL: Bruce Arians retiring - Todd Bowles new Bucs HC

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tom retired because he didn't want to deal with Arians anymore, but Bucs convinced him to come back with promise that Arians will retire.

Its all speculation but timeline makes sense imo.

Why would have he returned while Bruce was still on the board?

Bruce would have retired just prior to Brady returning on just after to me if Brady really had to get Bruce out.

Not wait a month for it to happen, too much drama and easy pickings for bad press

Reactions: Voight

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

Bruce would have retired just prior to Brady returning on just after to me if Brady really had to get Bruce out.

Not wait a month for it to happen, too much drama and easy pickings for bad press
Bucs probably promised Brady Bruce would not be the coach. Brady probably doesn't mind Bruce being around as front office guy, he doesn't have any personal animosity, just did not want him around as a coach.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Bucs probably promised Brady Bruce would not be the coach. Brady probably doesn't mind Bruce being around as front office guy, he doesn't have any personal animosity, just did not want him around as a coach.

So again why wouldn’t it have happened right prior to Brady returning or just after?

Or could it be more like Adrians turns 70 this year and has retired once earlier?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
So again why wouldn’t it have happened right prior to Brady returning or just after?

Or could it be more like Adrians turns 70 this year and has retired once earlier?
To throw off any suspicions that it had anything to do with rumor that Brady didn't like Arians.

Also if Arians wanted to retire because he was too old, why didn't he do it immediately after the Superbowl?

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
To throw off any suspicions that it had anything to do with rumor that Brady didn't like Arians.

Also if Arians wanted to retire because he was too old, why didn't he do it immediately after the Superbowl?
Arians probably said " f*** this Brady ass hole" I'm out.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

To run it back......

Especially now during a slow news cycle after free agency & before the draft.

Tom retired because he didn't want to deal with Arians anymore, but Bucs convinced him to come back with promise that Arians will retire.

Its all speculation but timeline makes sense imo.

& in 2017 (IIRC) ESPN dropped a bogus story claiming Brady told Kraft it was him or Belichik, one had to go. Same story said they would get rid of him and keep Garropolo.

A lot of the time people drop this kind of stuff just to stir the pot.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
It's still rather late in the offseason to "retire". Draft is only one month away. I mean sure, Bowles can coach D but the head coach's main job is to manage the entire team.

Brady's retirement sure seemed weird, right down to the biblical amount of time he "fasted" from football.

Somewhere between Antonio Brown and scheme, I think there is indeed tension between Arians and Brady. Arians might have an ego; he clings to that no risk it, no biscuit style like a maniac.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
3 things are obvious. 1. Brady never planned to retire. 2. He wanted Arians gone. 3. He made a deal to come back if Arians was gone. I'm a MI/Brady fan, not a Brady or Pats hater unlike many.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

People do nothing but connect this to Brady now so well done if that was the plan right?

He played another season, he turns 70y, maybe he wants to help to grow the sport in other ways

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Other than the timing and the Brady retirement, unretirement, what evidence is there that Brady didn't/doesn't want to play for Arians?
There were reports that they had not been getting along for a while now.

There were reports during the season that Brady and Leftwhich would work on a game plan all week and Arians would come in on Friday and take a red pen to the whole game plan

Last edited:

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I forgot to post this on 3/30, but if anyone is still so naive to think Arians resigned:

1. The last time an NFL coach quit in March was when Jimmy Johnson quit the Cowboys.

2. The reason Arians pissed Brady and Leftwich off so much was because they'd work on the O plan all week long and Arians would come in at the last second on Saturday and second guess them. This is why Brady talked to the Fins.

The Cardinals are so stingy they'd lock up the free Gatorade on the players' days off so the players couldn't get it and and they'd subtract the cost of envelopes from players' paychecks. 🙄

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad