Browns - Steelers helmet fight - it has happened in hockey!

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Yes..this is a relevant hockey post.....

For those who don't know, there was a fight in the Browns/Steelers NFL game with only a few seconds remaining. In the altercation, a Browns player had a shoving match with the Steelers QB. The Browns player Myles Garret proceeded to rip Mason Rudolph's helmet off and hit him over the head with it. Sports media and other players were commenting on how they've never seen anything like that before. Well...... I have! In fact I was at a game when it happened.......

1995 OHL playoffs, game 3 Windsor vs Sarnia at Windsor Arena....... what a crazy game!!!! Incident occurs about 3 minutes into the video, which is a game highlight from said game.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I remember Artyukhin hitting someone with his helmet, against the Sens I think. IIRC he only got a couple games for that, but it wasn't nearly as forecful as the one by Garrett.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I believe the clown on Sarnia in the clip I posted was in his last year of junior, so only missed the next game as Windsor swept that series. Not sure he was even suspended and that's what...3 or 4 deliberate helmet smashes.....

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
George Laraque had a helmet land on his grab hand and threw a couple jersey jabs with the straps if that counts. Not nearly as serious and outside of body slamming BGL was a very classy fighter. Pretty sure it was the Reid Simpson fight but I could be mistaken.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Tucker also caught Janssen a few times with the "brass knuckles" at the 10 second mark in this video:

And Kreider did the same to Eakin in this fight as well, courtesy of hockeyfights.com (RIP):

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tucker also caught Janssen a few times with the "brass knuckles" at the 10 second mark in this video:

And Kreider did the same to Eakin in this fight as well, courtesy of hockeyfights.com (RIP):

I am surprised to see Tucker actually fight somebody! Why would anybody be surprised that he fights dirty?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad