Recalled/Assigned: Brown called up. UPD Feb 29: Brown down, Quinney, & Pirri back up.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
You have a boring hockey name, Patrick Brown, but you're gonna be a rock star tonight.

I wish we had anything on Roy's status.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We should trade Pirri if he's seven spots down on the extra forwards. I'm sure he wouldn't be hated on a bad team to possibly get some goals.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
We should trade Pirri if he's seven spots down on the extra forwards. I'm sure he wouldn't be hated on a bad team to possibly get some goals.

Exactly what I was thinking, someone needs a 3rd or 4th winger who has proven he can score in the NHL and gets paid a veteran minimum contract.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Inquiring minds really need to know why Quinney is back up. Injury? Is someone's wife expecting and about to pop? I wouldn't think VGK would be loose with non-emergency call-ups right now....

Reactions: CupInSIX

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Does that count as an emergency in the eyes of the league or did they burn a call up?

And damn WW, all those hits while pregnant.
The 4 callups rule was terminated with the latest CBA, so can't burn a call up.

Or wait, are there multiple four recalls rules?

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I can't find anything authoritative, but everything I am finding tells me there is still a 4 call-up limit until the AHL season has ended.

This is the closest to authoritative I can find, sbnation...

Refresher on recalls after the trade deadline
Reading the CBA now, they terminated "Article 13.12(1)(i) – Four Recall Rule", which had me confused because that's the only thing you get when ctrl+f'ing "four recall"

Article 13.12(l)(i) which is about recalls after TDL and before playoffs states:

A Club may exercise four (4) regular Recalls from a club or clubs of any league affiliated with the NHL, of Player(s) listed on its own Reserve List.

Article 13.12(l)(ii) is about emergency recalls still working, and Article 13.12(l)(iii) is about recalls working after the completion of the regular season and playoffs of the team they are loaned to.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Does that count as an emergency in the eyes of the league or did they burn a call up?

And damn WW, all those hits while pregnant.
When Nosek's wife was expecting Roy was recalled on an emergency basis(note: CBA doesn't say anything about having a baby, only injury, illness, and suspensions, but the Commisioner of the League can request proof of the existence of the emergency conditions, so sounds like Bettman has the last say).

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Probably in for Nosek. Hopefully Carrier's baby can wait for a bit. That makes 4 regulars potentially missing the game vs. Kings, 5 if Baby Minecraft Bill wants out.

Would've liked to see Elvenes, though.
I wonder if there is an ELC-burning issue if the bring up Elvenes....

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The amount of people on Twitter excited for Pirri's recall like he was what the team was missing is truly baffling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad