Injury Report: Brouwer out with facial fracture, week-to-week

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
No idea when that would've happened. I guess no more goofy smiles during intermission/post-game interviews for a while.

Last game commentators noted at some point that he'd gone to the locker room, but returned later. Can't even remember which period, though.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I checked the shift charts and then watched the start of the game again. He was hit by a puck around 0:53 of the first period.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Guy played the entire game with a facial fracture so mad props. Hope he has a good recovery.

With that said, now he can't ruin anymore lines or have any PP time. Hate to say it when he gets injured, but it's the harsh reality.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
With Brouwer out any chance we see some changes to the lines or is it going to be the uninspired/proven to not work keeping the 3M together, moving Hathaway up to keep Bennett and Jankowski from scoring and rotating the plugs on the 4th line?

I would think this likely means a Frolik or Stajan onto the top PP unit to make sure there is a veteran presence there.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If they're going to call up somebody that actually plays, I hope it's Foo.

Sucks for Brouwer, and maybe more so for the team's futures as this might push Treliving to make deal.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Guy played the entire game with a facial fracture so mad props. Hope he has a good recovery.

With that said, now he can't ruin anymore lines or have any PP time. Hate to say it when he gets injured, but it's the harsh reality.
he has 11 total minutes of PP time in 2018, on a PP that wasn't doing f*** all before him. And please, tell us what lines he ruined, the 2nd line was still good with him on it and Bennett and Jankowski stopped producing before he was ever put with them.

The harsh reality is you don't have a f***ing clue what you are talking about

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The 2nd line was worse with him on it but I guess if your argument was he didn't ruin it just made it worse then, yeah for Brouwer.

The 3rd line was struggling before Brouwer was put on it and continued to suck with him there so again greaet job by him continuing the suck.

But I guess that really does describe Brouwer this year he doesn't ruin lines he just makes them worse and continues them sucking.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
So now the entirety of the Flames opening RW position players will have missed time. Probably the position the Flames were weakest at to begin with as well. Too bad Troy, I've thought he's been much better this year. Not 4.5 million better but at least not complete ass.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
So now the entirety of the Flames opening RW position players will have missed time. Probably the position the Flames were weakest at to begin with as well. Too bad Troy, I've thought he's been much better this year. Not 4.5 million better but at least not complete ass.

Ferland only missed a game, with the flu or something, right?

I hope they don't call anyone up. Feel like the revolving door in the bottom six as to who's playing and on what line is a big part of our lack of depth scoring. Put Hathaway back with Bennett and Janks and keep him there. Let guys develop chemistry, now's the time for Glen to find his lines and stick to them heading into the playoffs.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Thought it would take longer.

Happy that he is healthy, not happy he will be back in the line-up.

Reactions: Skobel24

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Ferland only missed a game, with the flu or something, right?

I hope they don't call anyone up. Feel like the revolving door in the bottom six as to who's playing and on what line is a big part of our lack of depth scoring. Put Hathaway back with Bennett and Janks and keep him there. Let guys develop chemistry, now's the time for Glen to find his lines and stick to them heading into the playoffs.

Hathaway wasn't working anymore though. His first 10 games went well, then they all went cold. He shouldn't be used outside of the 4th line.

I'd still like to see if Versteeg can mesh with them now that Bennett is on the wing. He could be what the Flames are missing.

I also still think Stempniak could be a very cheap and very effective guy to pick up. Could mesh with any of the bottom 9 lines.

- Slot him with Backlund and Tkachuk, move Frolik to the 3rd line.
- Slot him on the 3rd line and move Versteeg to the 4th line when healthy.
- Slot him on the 4th line with Stajan where they've had chemistry before.

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
yeah...Brouwer is better then our other options for the bottom six. Good news...I guess.

If he is, and I am not sure that is the case, that is an indictment on how bad those guys are rather than Brouwer being any good.

I think Hathaway has been pretty bad lately and would like him replaced but I would still take him over Brouwer. Lomberg has been terrible but at least GG only plays him a little and doesn't force feed him minutes on the PK and PP so for that reason I would take him over Brouwer.

As for the rest I would take Lazar, Stajan, Bennett, Jankowski, Mangiapane and Klimchuk over Brouwer in a heartbeat and obviously Versteeg when he is healthy.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I really think Lazar should get a good look on the 3rd line. He’s been playing much better and is more talented than Hathaway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad