Rumor: [Brooks] The Rangers are going to blow it all up

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
The Rangers are going to blow it all up

The mandate, approved (if not established) in the owner’s suite by Jim Dolan, is to build a Stanley Cup winner rather than to simply extend a seven-year playoff streak that is in jeopardy.

Rick Nash, Nick Holden, Michael Grabner and Dabid Desharnais all mentioned as UFAs who fetch some return. Larry Brooks suggests Nash could return a 1st and a prospect.

He also said that both Ryan McDonagh and Mats Zuccarello as players with term who are also likely to be moved.

Reactions: Fables

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Grabner, Zuccarello, and McDonagh would all be really good additions to a contending team. I don't know about Nash, he might be asked to do too much, and I don't know a ton about Holden's year this year.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If so, I’d love the Flames to take a flier on Hayes. He and Gaudreau had insane chemistry in college.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
If so, I’d love the Flames to take a flier on Hayes. He and Gaudreau had insane chemistry in college.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but I don't think Hayes would be among the players being moved. Most likely we're looking at:

Nash
Grabner
Holden
Desharnais

and if the price is right:

McDonagh
Zuccarello

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
As much as Brook's opinion pieces are usually straight garbage, he tends to be right in situations like this when he's speaking for management.

Somewhat reassuring to know that they've decided on a course and even Dolan is on board. A somewhat exciting, somewhat frightening prospect. With the right moves Imo they can be back competing seriously in a year or two, but a mistake in the McDonagh deal for example could sink the franchise for a while.

Also very, very worrying that they talk about McD being better in a more structured system. Are we not looking to get a more structured system going here? AV has to go if they're significantly retooling the roster like this.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Obviously I don't know for sure, but I don't think Hayes would be among the players being moved. Most likely we're looking at:

Nash
Grabner
Holden
Desharnais

and if the price is right:

McDonagh
Zuccarello

I dont really think that the first layer of player mentioned will really bring you back much. Nash should be able to get a late first but the others have little value.

If ranger actually want to blow it up the need to do it so that they actually stockpile some picks, everyone being on the table except maybe Buch and Zibby.

Kreider would bring back a hell of a package to help with a rebuild around draft time.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I dont really think that the first layer of player mentioned will really bring you back much. Nash should be able to get a late first but the others have little value.

If ranger actually want to blow it up the need to do it so that they actually stockpile some picks, everyone being on the table except maybe Buch and Zibby.

Kreider would bring back a hell of a package to help with a rebuild around draft time.

Completely disagree about Grabner - but yes, DD and Holden might get a 4th or 5th each.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Yeah didnt look at his contract.. For bang to your buck pretty solid. May get a 2nd and B prospect.

1.Nikita Kucherov • TBL 24
2.William Karlsson • VEG 22
3.Alex Ovechkin • WSH 21
4.Auston Matthews • TOR 20
Anders Lee • NYI 20
Michael Grabner • NYR 20
Sean Couturier • PHI 20
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He's tied for 4th in even strength goals this year - obviously he's not going to get the same return as the other players on that list, but he might (MIGHT) return something better than a 2nd and a B prospect. Possibly a late 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad