Speculation: Brooks: Tampa after Shattenkirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I remember there was some bad blood when Callahan left, I'm not so sure management wants him back.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Cally was my favorite forward during that era. I don't want him back. He can **** off. I know it's business but **** off. I don't think he'd want to come back, either.

Cally's got one more year after this one. Shattenkirk has two. He's not the glue holding our defense together and he's not been a huge offensive threat either. We're not going anywhere with Cally either but we'd be out from under in one year instead of two. The team gets younger faster and picks up other assets. Works for me.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Cally's got one more year after this one. Shattenkirk has two. He's not the glue holding our defense together and he's not been a huge offensive threat either. We're not going anywhere with Cally either but we'd be out from under in one year instead of two. The team gets younger faster and picks up other assets. Works for me.
It makes plenty of sense from a hockey move perspective. I just don't want Callahan on my team.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What if it's a different RHD defenseman they are scouting, one not named Shattenkirk or ADA.
9e9.gif

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
It'd have to be a pretty sweet deal for something like that to happen. Especially if we're retaining on Shattenkirk.

I mean a guaranteed #1 this year, a chance for another next year and at worst a #2 then Raddysh who is having a great rookie year in the AHL as a 20 y/o is a good return.

@bobbop mentioned in his update this morning that the Rangers were looking to potentially move someone that hasn't really been discussed in some rumors. Shattenkirk really hasnt been talked about. Also an "unconventional" move and wanting to to save some space for a move.

Edit: oh and we need their 7th in 2020 since the Rangers are trying to monopolize all the picks in that round in that year.

Reactions: Riche16 and jt80

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It makes plenty of sense from a hockey move perspective. I just don't want Callahan on my team.

Overall he was a good Ranger. I don't blame players for not giving a discount. That's pretty much why we moved him. He couldn't live up to his new contract and I don't forsee us giving him another. Anyway worse comes to worse we can buy him out but generally he's always been a team oriented kind of player. I expect the effort will be there but probably not a lot of points.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Shattenkirk at 50% retained. Remove the condition from this year’s pick, and make it a guaranteed 1st. Also, we’ll take year’s 2nd rounder, and maybe a Tammela or a Volkov if they value him highly. Personally, I would dump Shattenkirk at 50% retained for a 1st rounder and that’s it. But I doubt it happens.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I mean a guaranteed #1 this year, a chance for another next year and at worst a #2 then Raddysh who is having a great rookie year in the AHL as a 20 y/o is a good return.

@bobbop mentioned in his update this morning that the Rangers were looking to potentially move someone that hasn't really been discussed in some rumors. Shattenkirk really hasnt been talked about. Also an "unconventional" move and wanting to to save some space for a move.

Edit: oh and we need their 7th in 2020 since the Rangers are trying to monopolize all the picks in that round in that year.

That's a package I'd do. That being said, I think McQuaid might be a guy they're more interested in.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Look this is rabid speculation by Brooks and more than likely he’s being the mouthpiece again because it makes less than ZERO sense.

But Cally coming back for a yr isn’t the worse thing ever.

That being said, if we are helping them, AGAIN I want a damn good prospect NOT conditions of a pick we may already own! Not to mention that they can’t trade their 1 or 2 because of that condition.

They have to give us someONE really good to get those conditions removed

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The bad blood is entirely in the minds of a bunch of deluded fans.

Yeah I don’t get that. When there were rumors last summer, He even said that he’d welcome a trade and would feel comfortable in the organization, if he came back to the Rangers. He doesn’t want to leave a contender but if he has no choice, nothing he can do.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Shatty @50% for Cal Foote and a first round pick (which becomes a 2020 pick if we get their 2019 pick as a result of hitting the McDonagh trade condition). And their 2020 7th rounder because we collect those. If they fail to win the Cup this year, they don't need to send us their second rounder to complete the McDonagh trade.

So if they fail to win the Cup, it's Shatty @50% and a second rounder for a first and Foote; if they do wi the Cup, then Shatty @50% for Foote+#1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad