Speculation: Brooks: Tampa after Shattenkirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
https://nypost.com/2019/02/13/mats-zuccarello-should-be-the-exception-to-rangers-fire-sale/

"4. Isn’t there some sort of cap contained in the CBA limiting the number of Rangers on the Lightning? Apparently not, given Tampa Bay’s substantial scouting presence at the Garden last week. The league’s best team is on the hunt for a righty defenseman. Kevin Shattenkirk, for whom the Lightning had completed a conditional deal prior to the 2017 deadline before the defenseman rejected it, shoots right. Just saying."

Thoughts?

There have also been some talk about Rangers taking Callahan off Tampa's hands as a cap dump. Shatty at 50% for Cally might be attractive for Tampa...

Reactions: eco's bones and Ola

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Brooks didn't really say that.

91EDI7zrnHL._SX425_.jpg

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Brooks is basically just making stuff up here because they’ve been trade partners before.

Tampa was after Shatty as a rental 2 years ago and that was before they made a huge trade and investment in McDonagh.

Their cap is extremely tight going forward, Shatty is signed 6.6m for 2 more seasons after this. They need to clear salary, not add so unless we’re retaining a large chunk or taking a cap dump back then nothing will happen.

Reactions: Rangers743

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Hypothetically speaking, would it be possible to retain on a specific year of a contract?

So let’s say Shattenkirk for Callahan+ and then we retain on the last year of Shattenkirk’s contract. Since Callahan’s contract runs out in 2020.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Hypothetically speaking, would it be possible to retain on a specific year of a contract?

So let’s say Shattenkirk for Callahan+ and then we retain on the last year of Shattenkirk’s contract. Since Callahan’s contract runs out in 2020.
It is not. One percentage throughout the contract.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
so essentially Shatty for a conditional 2nd/1st, Raddysh, and we eat Callahan's contract? hmm...
Well I think Brooks is making stuff up. What I do believe is that Tampa was scouting us so while we are in the land of make believe, they must have been scouting Smith :sarcasm:

Reactions: eco's bones

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Cally was my favorite forward during that era. I don't want him back. He can f*** off. I know it's business but f*** off. I don't think he'd want to come back, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad