Confirmed with Link: Brooks Macek signed

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Saw him play with the Tri-City Americans back when I lived there. Believe he had a letter while playing there in his last season before getting traded. Was part of some good teams in the WHL.

If I remember correctly, he was a pretty good complimentary player who I thought would make it to some level of Pro some day. Turns out he lead the German DEL league in goals last year. Might be able to carve out a decent career as an AHL scorer.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
This signing is starting to look like it might pay some dividends. Macek is tied for the league lead in scoring in the AHL at 1 goal per game. Has 10 even strength goals in 12 games and is a +18. Shooting percentage is off the charts at 57% so it's obviously not sustainable, but he appears to have a knack for goal scoring.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I like him. Yes he wont keep scoring at 57%. But he seems to really have a nose for the net and is great in tight. He reminds me a bit of a guy like Anders Lee...obviously not as good but similar in style maybe.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Finally getting to play with Pavel Datsyuk - albeit in the KHL.

Not surprisingly off to a near point-per-game pace (while unheralded Alexei Makeyev is the KHL's leading scorer).

Any likelihood he cracks an NHL lineup in 2021-22?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad