Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What's a good place to eat outside Barclays for Lent?
The falafel joint on the same block as Patsy’s. There’s also Artichoke Pizza down 5th Avenue unless you gave up pizza for Lent.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
The falafel joint on the same block as Patsy’s. There’s also Artichoke Pizza down 5th Avenue unless you gave up pizza for Lent.

Thanks. I've got a list of things to avoid for five people. Fun.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I am planning on going to the Pens game next Tuesday, never been to Barclays before.

First, where do you recommend I look for seats and where to avoid? Given the low attendance, does it make sense to purchase a cheap seat and 'move' down or is that not allowed? I don't want to overpay if I don't need.

Second, what are the food options like both in the arena and nearby? I have dietary restrictions (low fat, no dairy, low gluten) so I usually stick to chicken or seafood. I do like sushi, BBQ, and Shwarma (if it does not have much garlic).

Thanks.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
If you go after the game no one will be hungry. Problem solved.
I couldn't decide which was worse that night: finding a nearby restaurant for girls night out or watching the Isles play.

I eventually said everyone's on her own for food.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
I am planning on going to the Pens game next Tuesday, never been to Barclays before.

First, where do you recommend I look for seats and where to avoid? Given the low attendance, does it make sense to purchase a cheap seat and 'move' down or is that not allowed? I don't want to overpay if I don't need.

Second, what are the food options like both in the arena and nearby? I have dietary restrictions (low fat, no dairy, low gluten) so I usually stick to chicken or seafood. I do like sushi, BBQ, and Shwarma (if it does not have much garlic).

Thanks.

Avoid the entire Isles defensive zone from the blue line over. Sections ending in 1-4 & 25-31.

You shouldn't have a problem moving to a lower row in the 200s, but they're usually more right about 100s.

Smoke Joint for bbq.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Avoid the entire Isles defensive zone from the blue line over. Sections ending in 1-4 & 25-31.

You shouldn't have a problem moving to a lower row in the 200s, but they're usually more right about 100s.

Smoke Joint for bbq.
So buy a cheap seat and I should be able to scroll down to good one in the lower 200s?
Buy now or wait; given the weather?

CoyoteUgly

Feb 11, 2004
On monday, i land at Laguardia at 4 pm.

My hotel is 40 W 45th Street.

Do i have time to go to my hotel, check in, then go to Barclays and make it in time before faceoff at 7? If so, what is my best route that i should take to get there

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
On monday, i land at Laguardia at 4 pm.

My hotel is 40 W 45th Street.

Do i have time to go to my hotel, check in, then go to Barclays and make it in time before faceoff at 7? If so, what is my best route that i should take to get there
No. LaGuardia traffic is the worst thing ever invented.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
No. LaGuardia traffic is the worst thing ever invented.

Had a great time at the Bolts/Isles game. The arena was really empty though and I could not get over the feeling/impression that there is no connection anymore between the Isles and the legacy of the 4 Cup wins......

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
So now that the Smoke Joint is closed, what's good and not expensive for dinner before a game at Barclays?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So now that the Smoke Joint is closed, what's good and not expensive for dinner before a game at Barclays?

Juniors down by LIU would be an excellent place to go, albeit a little pricey. The Applebees right by it would be a good option if value is the most important thing for you as the food is adequate, it isn't crowded and there are tons of TV's to watch games.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Check out City Point, it's basically a bunch of pop up food stands, kind of like reading terminal in Philly, and there are a lot of great options. It's on Flatbush and Dekalb, a few blocks from Barclays. You can also get a beer while you're walking around deciding which place to try. Fletchers BBQ is good, there's a really nice taco place a seafood stand where you can sit at a bar and have a drink and a sandwich shop that serves portions big enough for two meals... lots of choices. I highly recommend.

If you google City Point Brooklyn you can't miss.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If you want bbq, morgan's is the way to go. Shorty's is good for cheeseteaks. Black Iron Burger is solid. Couple of beer halls with beer hall-esque food (DSK, Black Forest or Kings).

Depends what you're looking for. There are tons of options in every direction. If you want something on the nicer side, Vanderbilt (on Vanderbilt shockingly enough) has small plates, larger plates and good beer.

None of them involve Applebees. Or Juniors.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Atlantic Social isn’t too shabby. Sports bar type of place. Creative menu. Beer list is kinda short but there should be a brew for all kinds of tastes. It’s on Atlantic Av and South Portland.

Reactions: nycole

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
We're discussing a board ban at the moment. Not much resistance, other than the Buffalo board not wanting him either. :sarcasm:
They were upset but when I said Mighty Taco blows Taco Bell and Moe's out of the water and that the best wings in all of Buffalo are at a bar a few blocks from the arena and that Anchor Bar is a tourist trap they forgave me!

Reactions: PK Cronin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad