GDT: Bronze U18: Czechs vs Finns

ijuka

May 14, 2016
For Czechia, they can't be too disappointed, they never were expected to be able to win. Also, a bronze medal is very big for Czechia, it's a rare feat.

Finland on the other hand will likely be very disappointed after that match, especially losing in that manner. One could say that Finland was the more dominant team, and they doubled Sweden's shots on goal. It can be difficult to get over one's disappointment so quickly and to do your best for the Bronze medal.

Overall, Czechia's been better in this tournament than Finland in my opinion, but the game vs Sweden was Finland's best game and if Finland can play on that level they they can win. However, Czechia has to be considered the favorite even if it's only because of the rest advantage, but also because it's easier for them to give their all for the bronze.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
17 hours and 30 mins between the end of Sweden-Finland game to the start of the bronze game. Minus sleep from that and some more time for eating. It doesn't leave a lot of time for much else.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
would be nice to see CZE get a medal again. I think their last one was a silver in 2014. Good luck to both teams.

Reactions: Czechboy

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Hoping for a entertaining bronze medal game. If Finland wins it, thats great you can never have too many medals. If the Czechs win it, it's fine too. It's been a long drough for them, last U18 medal in 2014, last u20 medal in 2005, last men's medal in 2012 and last olympic medal in 2006. Fan's over there would deserve something good for a change.

Reactions: Czechboy

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020

So Leinonen starts in goal, I wonder if his team will win the match today. Kokko as a substitute, out are Lundell and Salin.

It will be a match with a lot of goals, 5-3 for Finland.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Kiviharju has some amazing vision, if he can develop power and speed into his skating he might go 1st in his draft.

Reactions: Chainshot

ijuka

May 14, 2016
1-1. Finland's PP2 much stronger than PP1, unsurprisingly.

Goal for Czechia on a blue line error by Finnish defense, goal for Finland by Kemell on a redirect.

Overall, Czechia's deserved half a dozen penalties, but I guess refs didn't feel like calling them all.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Halttunen is a killer, what a chance he has to change. Good power play for Finland, great rotation and then a quick combination.

Kiviharju has a great vision of the situation, it could be another Heiskanen for Finland.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Halttunen is a killer, what a chance he has to change. Good power play for Finland, great rotation and then a quick combination.

Kiviharju has a great vision of the situation, it could be another Heiskanen for Finland.
More like another Dahlin but Finnish.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Far better than Heiskanen, not even comparable.

He has 6 times as many points as Heiskanen had as a u17 player.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Far better than Heiskanen, not even comparable.

He has 6 times as many points as Heiskanen had as a u17 player.
Ok, I'm not arguing with you, you definitely have a better overview of the Finnish defenders than I do. Unfortunately for you Finnish fans, you only have Heiskanen and therefore I thought of a comparison with him automatically.

In any case, it's great to have a fantastic offensive defender.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Absolutely deserved leadership of Finland, only it should not be 2-1 but at least a goal more. There is no fatigue at all, they have good legs so far and they are a better team so far.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Man why do these Finnish forwards never play the puck back to the D? Always trying to force it 1v1.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Man why do these Finnish forwards never play the puck back to the D? Always trying to force it 1v1.
Noticed that since the first match. There's always a massive clump of opposing players around them and leaving them with very little ice. Passing back to a D is the standard way to defuse that situation and get more room to operate with. As is, it's either a loss to opponent(probably 80% of the time) or the forwards passing amongst themselves.

If you look at Team Sweden, Team USA etc. they constantly pass back to the D in such situations and their offense as a whole is much more effective due to it. That's one of the reasons I think that coaching has failed Team Finland in this tournament.
Ok, I'm not arguing with you, you definitely have a better overview of the Finnish defenders than I do. Unfortunately for you Finnish fans, you only have Heiskanen and therefore I thought of a comparison with him automatically.

In any case, it's great to have a fantastic offensive defender.
Yes, but I think it's important to clarify.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Happy it's close. Surprised we didn't start Spunar on a back to back. Finn's have been better so far.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad