NFL: Broncos hiring George Paton as their next GM

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So he inherits coach/QB

Question is do Broncos decide to go QB this year or wait a year for likely full reset under this GM?

Broncos can use help at a few other places if GM decides to pass on this years QB class and give Lock another year's look

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Lock's numbers have not justified hanging onto him, let go of Fangio, let go of Lock, and regroup that offence around Trey Lance and one of the talented OCs on the HC market.

Obviously Fangio is staying another year, let's hope they don't make the same mistake at QB.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Broncos since winning the Super Bowl just seem to be a franchise that is there. No terrible but not good either and havent made the playoffs since. I only game i remember watching of them was against Kansas City on SNF. They were good that game too.

Reactions: Voight

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Hard to believe a team wins the SB and follows it up with five non playoff years. Giants came close. Won in 2011. Missed the next four years.

The issue the Broncos face is a once in a generation type QB plays on their rival. And Herbert could be great too.

That's tough to overcome.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hard to believe a team wins the SB and follows it up with five non playoff years. Giants came close. Won in 2011. Missed the next four years.

The issue the Broncos face is a once in a generation type QB plays on their rival. And Herbert could be great too.

That's tough to overcome.

It was a perfect timing scenario. Manning had just enough left in the tank and their guys on defence seemed to all reach their peak at the same time. Plus Carolina was extremely overrated that year.

Elway has done a pretty bad job since so things can only get better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad