Confirmed with Link: Bromé Signs With HC Davos

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
AVSLÖJAR: Nobbar SHL – hit flyttar Bromé

Rough translation :

Now he has announced that he will go home to Europe and several clubs in the SHL, according to information including Örebro, Leksand and Malmö, were interested. But it will be Davos that will be the new home address for the 26-year-old. There he is reunited with his former coach Jörgen Jönsson.

I guess that means more playing time for prospects like Smith, Veleno, Hirose, Rasmussen and the gang. He was more of an energy player than a finisher.

Last edited:

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
I had some unexplainable soft spot for him. I thought he could stick, but he definitely did not. Looked lost far too often. I hope he continues a successful career back in Europe.

Reactions: bedtime20

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'm sad that it didn't work out. His first 5 or so games you could see top 9 talent but he was snake bitten, and I think it ended up with a very negative impact on his season. I really thought he could be a guy that pots 15 goals in a full season.

Best of luck to him.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
While the rebuilding Detroit Red Wings will undoubtedly undergo additional changes this offseason, we've already gotten word on the first player that will not be back wearing the Winged Wheel in the Motor City next season.
That player happens to be forward Mathias Bromé, who is returning home to his native Europe, and according to a local publication, had have plenty of options to choose from on whom to suit up for his next club. The publication then goes on to say that the ex-Red Wing will be teaming up with his former coach Jörgen Jönsson with the Swiss team HC Davos.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
tenor.gif

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
I have to imagine SY made it clear he wasn't in our plans. Good on him for doing that quickly. I liked the effort and hustle Brome showed, he looked like he was almost there but just lacked something to put him over to be an impact on the game even on the 4th line. Can't say he wasn't really given a shot as he was up and down the entire lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad