Brodin's icetime?

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I just don't understand how he can possibly only have 8 points so far this year (similar to previous years). :amazed:

I mean, even if you played some weird game where you actively tried to avoid getting points on purpose you'd probably get more than that given his significant time on ice. :laugh:

And yes, I understand his value right now is in shutting guys down, it's just his lack of points really sticks out.

Weird.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
He never puts shots on goal or jumps up into the play. He has about zero offensive game at this point in his career.

Really hoping he starts to be more assertive the next couple years. He is still so young so I'm not too worried yet.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
He never puts shots on goal or jumps up into the play. He has about zero offensive game at this point in his career.

Really hoping he starts to be more assertive the next couple years. He is still so young so I'm not too worried yet.

He has a great shot. The issue to me is he's playing with Suter and one of them has to play back a bit in case they lose puck possession. It typically is Bacon who is the first to start peddling back while Suter goes in to pinch.

Not to mention he sees very little PP time. You want Brodin to start being point producing, then the minutes for others on the special teams needs to affected and how he plays 5v5 would have to change. The way Scandella and Spurgeon are stepping up for point producing, I wouldn't mind seeing

Suter-Scandella 23 min
Brodin-Spurgeon 23 min
Dumba-Prosser 14 min

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He has a great shot. The issue to me is he's playing with Suter and one of them has to play back a bit in case they lose puck possession. It typically is Bacon who is the first to start peddling back while Suter goes in to pinch.

Not to mention he sees very little PP time. You want Brodin to start being point producing, then the minutes for others on the special teams needs to affected and how he plays 5v5 would have to change. The way Scandella and Spurgeon are stepping up for point producing, I wouldn't mind seeing

Suter-Scandella 23 min
Brodin-Spurgeon 23 min
Dumba-Prosser 14 min

Scandella is a LD.

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Brodin

would make more sense.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Scandella is a LD.

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Brodin

would make more sense.

But Brodin would prefer to play LD as well, it is his natural position and would be receiving passes on his forehand too.,

Suter-Spurgeon 23 Min
Brodin-Dumba 20 Min
Scandella-? 17 Min

J22*

But Brodin would prefer to play LD as well, it is his natural position and would be receiving passes on his forehand too.,

Suter-Spurgeon 23 Min
Brodin-Dumba 20 Min
Scandella-? 17 Min

Nope.

But, sure lets put Spurgeon in a role he can't handle as well as Brodin does, and then cut Scandella's icetime down. All in the name of getting more points for Brodin.

P.S. How does Brodin become more likely to jump into the offense if you pair him with Dumba?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I just don't understand how he can possibly only have 8 points so far this year (similar to previous years). :amazed:

I mean, even if you played some weird game where you actively tried to avoid getting points on purpose you'd probably get more than that given his significant time on ice. :laugh:

And yes, I understand his value right now is in shutting guys down, it's just his lack of points really sticks out.

Weird.

That +13 sure jumps out at ya though. If he put on 10 more pounds of muscle, look out. The rest is all there.

Like Scandella, I'd rather have the offense bloom later - elite defending is already pretty awesome.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He has all the tools to be an offensive factor. Great skater, good shot, good passer. Just plays very conservatively right now, defers to Suter, and gets little to no PP time.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
He has all the tools to be an offensive factor. Great skater, good shot, good passer. Just plays very conservatively right now, defers to Suter, and gets little to no PP time.

Its a really odd situation. Out of all our defensemen Brodin is the one I am most certain will score when he gets the puck in the circles.

Situations like this feel automatic with him.

[NHL]220570[/NHL]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad