Brock: What happened to this guy?

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
It's the Aquilini culture.

Everything that has gone wrong since game 7 is because of the toxic opaque anti-intellectual anti-accountability short-cut-taking people-using-manipulating Aquilini culture.

The Aquilinis meddle and manipulate. It's in their nature.

They've trashed everything Gillis and AV built with the last remaining pieces leaving the team in disgust
Ultimately you are correct
BUT
They were the engine that propelled the Canuck's best seasons when they were noticeably more involved with the team.
The Linden hiring was a marketing attempt to soothe the irate fans over the Luongo dealings AV firing and Torts saying the team was stale and old and needed more youth injected to the team.

Their hands off stuff now is simply because of the public backlash was so pronounced and got so personal with death threats plus the media loved AV, because he leaked so much info to them.

The losing culture is a Benning management failure in everyway.

The Aquilini's are far from literate
AND
Think of this, if you can percieve what is wrong do you not think they can? They have a billion dollar company they run, if they are that bad and you can see that then why haven't you or any multiple of fans that are so sure that they meddle.
Do you have actual proof or are you just following along with other's rumours and innuendo?

Before there was proof but since the Linden hiring nothing. Remember Linden bailed, he got his Club 16's advertising and then left, it was Benning holding the knife demanding more leeway to put the team into the playoffs, just see Benning's moves after Linden left. There is your proof.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Looks completely out of shape. Could have the poorest conditioning on the team. A step behind, out of gas, asleep at the wheel. Too much time hanging with Jimbo at the team buffet.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I

one timers, clever plays, slap shots and finding shooting slots.

Why is this guy playing the front of the net on the powerplay? People say this guy needs time to get his shot off due to scouting but his rookie year he had ovenchkin like shooting. I know the injury probably has something to do with it, but just unreal to see the difference today.

I really think Green has not put this guy in position to succeed. It must be a confidence killer not being a one time option on the powerplay. Brock and Petey’s one timers should be the focus of the powerplay.

Our powerplay now runs through JT Miller, a lefty playing the left side. Petey and Brocks strengths are not being focused on anymore.

Despite being a really good player, seeing him quit last year, the poor body language and all of the above, JT has hurt the chemistry of this team imo.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
He started off decent this year making some slick plays and passes then gradually declined into Pettersson territory. Looks incredibly slow.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Honestly thought he looked pretty good against Vegas. He was moving his feet. Pounded one off the post.

I'm definitely open to a Boeser trade because the Canucks are essentially staring at another rebuild, but I don't really get the criticism of him. He's a "2nd or 3rd wheel" 1st line player and he's performed accordingly.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Honestly thought he looked pretty good against Vegas. He was moving his feet. Pounded one off the post.

I'm definitely open to a Boeser trade because the Canucks are essentially staring at another rebuild, but I don't really get the criticism of him. He's a "2nd or 3rd wheel" 1st line player and he's performed accordingly.

Agreed on both counts.

Probably was a little overhyped in the beginning, was always more of a complementary piece rather than a franchise player. Don't have an issue with his play overall but also makes perfect sense to move him if you are kicking off the new rebuild.

Reactions: bossram

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Agreed on both counts.

Probably was a little overhyped in the beginning, was always more of a complementary piece rather than a franchise player. Don't have an issue with his play overall but also makes perfect sense to move him if you are kicking off the new rebuild.

I'm probably Brock's biggest fan here, but the writing is on the wall for the older core of this team. Benning needs to get canned, and a new GM needs to sell Boeser, Horvat, and Miller for younger assets.

...(and of course get anything possible for OEL, Poolman, Hamonic, and Myers)

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I'm probably Brock's biggest fan here, but the writing is on the wall for the older core of this team. Benning needs to get canned, and a new GM needs to sell Boeser, Horvat, and Miller for younger assets.

...(and of course get anything possible for OEL, Poolman, Hamonic, and Myers)

and Pearson and Dickinson. Would trade all 6 of those players for a ham sandwich and be very pleased.

Would probably hang on to Garland as he is under contract for 4 years but wouldn't hesitate to move him as well if some team wants to pay a lot.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
and Pearson and Dickinson. Would trade all 6 of those players for a ham sandwich and be very pleased.

Would probably hang on to Garland as he is under contract for 4 years but wouldn't hesitate to move him as well if some team wants to pay a lot.

I'd probably clear them all too. But yeah, at least Garland is signed long-term at a good number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad