BROCK LESNAR def. MARK HUNT via unanimous decision at UFC 200

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
That was a very real risk in his fight with Hunt. If Hunt actually landed a Mark Hunt style punch? Ain't no way Brock would be available for Summerslam.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That was a very real risk in his fight with Hunt. If Hunt actually landed a Mark Hunt style punch? Ain't no way Brock would be available for Summerslam.

Not only that, what if Brock breaks his hand? Hand injuries are pretty damn common in the fight game. Hunts head is like cement.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not only that, what if Brock breaks his hand? Hand injuries are pretty damn common in the fight game. Hunts head is like cement.

That's the chance you take but generally these types of cross-promotions are very beneficial for both sides.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Does Brocks Medical suspension have any input on his apperances?
Yes, it would.

New York regulates pro-wrestling, and they said they'd prevent Lesnar from wrestling at Summerslam if he was under medical suspension from his UFC fight. I'd also suspect that if he was suspended, then he wouldn't be fit to wrestle anyway.

But Lesnar was cleared of his automatic medical suspension, so he's free to wrestle anywhere.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Brock can do whatever he wants. If he goes to Vince and says "I'll honor your dates, but I'm also doing 1-3 UFC fights a year and if you say no then good bye" what can Vince do about it? Let the biggest PPV draw in the world walk?
3 fights a year are a lot. Almost no top UFC fighter completes as often; even with no injuries, fighters today tend to spend a lot of time preparing for their opponents, and Lesnar's style has many flaws.

The bigger question IMO is Lesnar's ceiling in the HW division. He's a #8 contender now, but I have a very hard time seeing him rising to the top 5, just bad stylistic matchups above him in the rankings. And I somehow doubt that Lesnar will be content with a gatekeeper role.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There's a rumour floating around by Sherdog that WWE has granted Brock a "no work" period of 8 weeks leading up to UFC's show in MSG in November. He would fight the winner of Miocic vs. Overeem for the belt.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I truthfully don't know how long they can let Brock do MMA as well as WWE, main reason I say this is injuries. What if Brock is scheduled for a WWE event and breaks his orbital bone in MMA or something? Or if Brock is scheduled for a UFC and gets injured in a WWE ring?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it seems sketchy.

I agree with what you're saying, but easy enough to work around using Brock part time. Just don't put him in programs around his UFC fights. If he does return to the UFC properly (as in this was more than a one time deal) then it's only going to be a couple of times a year max.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
WWE doesn't get much flak though. He hadn't worked a match in awhile so they can just say they had no reason to test him, etc.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I posted in the SS thread, how does this affect his status?

Negatively if confirmed.

WWE is fairly lucky he hadn't been on TV in awhile so they can just say he passed all their tests or whatever. They just hadn't done one in awhile since he hadn't been active, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad