Brock Bradford to USHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
2005 draft prospect Brock Bradford has left the BCHL and will be heading to the USHL's Omaha Lancers. The USHL is in the middle of it's annual Buc Bowl pre-season tournament at this time. Bradford is expected to join the team for their last game tomorrow night.

stella

May 10, 2004
bradford

monster_bertuzzi said:
:dunno:

Bradford is a first round candidate for the 05' draft...

maybe a 5th rounder, 5'8 155lbs to small and too week, don't get me wrong he is a very good player but how can he compete with a 6'2 225lb dman they'll each him up

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
stella said:
maybe a 5th rounder, 5'8 155lbs to small and too week, don't get me wrong he is a very good player but how can he compete with a 6'5 225lb dman they'll each him up
Most 6'5 225 Pound defenders are as bad as Jonathan Aitken. Bradford will be a top 30-60 pick.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
stella said:
maybe a 5th rounder, 5'8 155lbs to small and too week, don't get me wrong he is a very good player but how can he compete with a 6'2 225lb dman they'll each him up

Give the poor kid some time to grow. He may be 5'8'' but eventually he'll become stalky and hard to knock over like a Samsonov.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
monster_bertuzzi said:
:dunno:

Bradford is a first round candidate for the 05' draft...

I don't think he is a 1st round candidate myself. I would say late 2nd early 3rd round. He is very weak and easily pushed off the puck. Has super skill level but I found like at the U17s he was pushed off the puck very easy and Brule or Setoguchi would pick the puck up and make a play or score giving him the assists. Myself I never found Bradford to create a whole lot on the ice.

I do have to say he wasn't scared to muc it up and go into traffic as he doesn't run from the stuff just he needs to improve his strength. If he works on his strength then IMO he has top 40 potential but if he doesn't work on it I would say probably still a 2nd round cause of his talent level and skills and strength can be worked on, but this draft is soooooo deep and talented that a player like him could slip to the 3rd round super easy.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reveille said:
I saw him a month or so ago. He looks more like 5'10.

I hope he put some muscel on because if he does or did in the off season IMO he could be a late 1st to early 2nd rounder in the draft but the only thing IMO holding him back was strength...so if he added height or weight that would be great.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
monster_bertuzzi said:
A month or so ago he was with Team Canada U18, where he was measured in a 5'8''...
I just spoke with him tonight and he is slightly taller than me with skates on and I am just about 6'1.

Can someone figure out his exact height from that....I guess him to be close to 5'9.5 or 5'10.

X-SHARKIE

I'm excited about seeing Brock Bradford, friends tell me he can skate!

Look for my post tonight, and I'll post again later this week.

Tonight i'm seeing Blake Wheeler and the Green Bay Gamblers vs Brock Bradford and the Omaha Lancers.

I'll give my impressions on both players and some top players 2005 eligible.

I can't waite to see Des'Moines play in a couple days as well.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
X-SHARKIE said:
I'm excited about seeing Brock Bradford, friends tell me he can skate!

Look for my post tonight, and I'll post again later this week.

Tonight i'm seeing Blake Wheeler and the Green Bay Gamblers vs Brock Bradford and the Omaha Lancers.

I'll give my impressions on both players and some top players 2005 eligible.

I can't waite to see Des'Moines play in a couple days as well.
I can tell you that Bradford is a good skater, but his puck skills and hockey sense are what sets him above other players. There are quite a few solid players on the Lancers to keep your eye on...

Trevor Smith
Nick Fanto
Brett Motherwell
Corey Toy

X-SHARKIE

I saw Brett Motherwell play before and he's one of my favorites, I'm anxious to see how he is playing at this level.

Yeah I've also heard about Bradfords hands.

This is the most exciting USHL season since I got to see Thomas Vanek play. I really liked some of the guys in last years class, like Chris Zarb, and one of my biggg time favs Kyle Klubertanz.

but with Wheeler here, and Bradford it's going to be fun.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
X-SHARKIE said:
I saw Brett Motherwell play before and he's one of my favorites, I'm anxious to see how he is playing at this level.

Yeah I've also heard about Bradfords hands.

This is the most exciting USHL season since I got to see Thomas Vanek play. I really liked some of the guys in last years class, like Chris Zarb, and one of my biggg time favs Kyle Klubertanz.

but with Wheeler here, and Bradford it's going to be fun.
Well if you get to see the Steel, the kid to watch to me seems to be Kevin Swallow. TJ Fox is more refined but he is also 20 already. Lampl and Roeder are above average, but in the game I saw they didn't do anything remarkable. It is also early, and goalie Shane Connelly had some solid saves in the game I saw as well.

lmthaete

Jun 21, 2004
Midwest
Brock Bradford is currently the leading point scorer in the USHL so far this season, with 16 pts. in 9 games. He is at a +6, which is impressive. His fellow teammates, Trevor Smith and Corey Carlson are both tied at second with 14 pts. Trevor is at a +4 and Corey is at a +5. I haven't seen them play yet this year, but their stats are really impressive so far this season. Here are some links to more information if anyone is interested.
USHL Scoring Leaders= http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/scoringleaders.html?leagueid=49&seasonid=594
Brock Bradford= http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/playerpage.html?playerid=338790&seasonid=594
Trevor Smith= http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/playerpage.html?playerid=325415&seasonid=594
Corey Carlson= http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/playerpage.html?playerid=68035&seasonid=594

Oh, and btw... the USHL lists Bradford at 5-10 and 160 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad