Brock Boeser vs Kevin Fiala

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the " look at his linemates doh! " hfboards fallback crutch to try and make an inferior player look better and/or make a superior player not look as good has become a forum meme. And just like a meme, it's rarely an accurate take.

I might agree with you if one player had notably less production and people were using it to try to say their production would be even with better linemates. When one guy produces the exact same with far inferior linemates though, the point has merit.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala has a higher overall skillset including a great shot of his own, and should be the better player but he's only really put it together at a higher level for 50ish games in '20 so we'll see what happens moving forward. I was down on Boeser after '20 but he looked healthier last year, was skating better and his shot was back to being dangerous. He's also improved defensively, along the boards and in front of the net. If Fiala can't create a production separation, I'd probably stick with Boeser. Fiala has PPG potential though.

He's put it together for the better part of the last two seasons now, hence why the output is the exact same as Boeser's during that time.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He's put it together for the better part of the last two seasons now, hence why the output is the exact same as Boeser's during that time.

I think you're misunderstanding. I meant that was the only time he's produced at a level above what Boeser's shown for a few years. I think he can be at that level, but he hasn't shown he can do it consistently yet. If he's going to be similarly productive, I'd stick with Boeser.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This is clearly Boeser. Seeing the posters state the poll loser "by a lot" or "AINEC" is always amusing.
They have identical stats the last two seasons combined with Fiala playing almost 3 minutes less per game. I'm curious what your reasons are for this being *clearly* Boeser.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
They have identical stats the last two seasons combined with Fiala playing almost 3 minutes less per game. I'm curious what your reasons are for this being *clearly* Boeser.

2019-2o is was the worse year of Boeser's career. If you go by a year-to-year basis Boeser has been better every year outside of 1. He was better this year and he was better in 18-19. If change the timetable to the past 3 seasons for a larger sample size it grows in Boeser's favour. There's a reason the poll is lopsided.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
2019-2o is was the worse year of Boeser's career. If you go by a year-to-year basis Boeser has been better every year outside of 1. He was better this year and he was better in 18-19. If change the timetable to the past 3 seasons for a larger sample size it grows in Boeser's favour. There's a reason the poll is lopsided.
The last two seasons though:

All Strengths P/60:
Fiala 3.29 (19-20)
Fiala 2.84 (20-21)
Boeser 2.72 (20-21)
Boeser 2.55 (19-20)

Even Strength P/60:
Fiala 2.63 (19-20)
Boeser 2.34 (20-21)
Fiala 2.33 (20-21)
Boeser 2.27 (19-20)

Source is naturalstattrick.com

So is Boeser really "clearly" better, or did he just have more ice time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad