Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Part IV - Rookie of the Month November

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Great Move. I love it.

Proactive long term thinking is for suckers.

I'm not a Benning supporter but there are decisions that are made for outside of hockey reasons (I'm not saying this is the case but it could be) in Brock Boeser's world.

His Dad has Parkinson Disease and he does not come from a upper middle class or rich kid background. There could be multiple at home financial reasons other than Brock's own pocket. I have a family member with the same disease and it isn't cheap, even more so in the US, if he is trying progressive therapy and the drugs themself.

http://www.startribune.com/life-has-tested-burnsville-s-boeser-a-likley-nhl-first-round-pick/309430711/

Sometimes the hockey decisions are made outside of the normal business vacuum

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'm not a Benning supporter but there are decisions that are made for outside of hockey reasons (I'm not saying this is the case but it could be) in Brock Boeser's world.

His Dad has Parkinson Disease and he does not come from a upper middle class or rich kid background. There could be multiple at home financial reasons other than Brock's own pocket. I have a family member with the same disease and it isn't cheap, even more so in the US, if he is trying progressive therapy and the drugs themself.

http://www.startribune.com/life-has-tested-burnsville-s-boeser-a-likley-nhl-first-round-pick/309430711/

Sometimes the hockey decisions are made outside of the normal business vacuum

If he sign's now and sits, he still gets paid

He gets $100,000 up front like everyone else

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
If he sign's now and sits, he still gets paid

He gets $100,000 up front like everyone else

That's fine, but if you wanted him to go the AHL ATO route he would have not been able to sign. I may have read into your statement more than just sign/sit.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That's fine, but if you wanted him to go the AHL ATO route he would have not been able to sign. I may have read into your statement more than just sign/sit.

He can sign now and it wont affect this year unless he plays.

Luke Kunin signed with Minny yesterday & they tweeted he is flying into town to work their coaching staff getting ready for next year.

I just don't understand rushing prospects to play in the NHL.
Baby steps

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Terrible move by the Canucks in my opinion. No training camp, no time to meet the Canucks or learn their systems. But more significantly he is essentially jumping up two leagues. The Canucks are setting him up for disappointment with us and maybe even for himself.

Media: "So Brock, what happened? Why weren't you able to contribute more to the Canucks?"

Not to mention a year being burned off his ELC.

Madness.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Absolutely stupid and downright idiotic by this management group. Which is all you can expect from these incompetent morons. A desperation move to drum up some excitement in this market, an attempt to boost season ticket sales, with absolute disregard for the future.

Yes, this doesn't affect his time as an RFA; however, burning off a year of his cheap ELC, for a team that's a cap team already anyway despite trying to rebuild, is nothing other than stupid. We have Eriksson and Sutter locked up long-term to awful contracts. We can expect Gudbranson to become part of that group in short time. That will likely combine to close to $15M of essentially dead cap space in poor hockey players, and immovable contracts. Once Boeser's ELC runs out, if he's even a halfway decent player we can expect his next contract to be in the $3-5M range. Good luck trying to build a competitive team when all you have cap space for is to re-sign the players you have who, as a collective unit, hasn't been good enough.

As a Canucks fan all I can ask is that my fellow fans continue to show their disdain for management with their wallets. Don't fall into this trap by shelling out several thousands of dollars to renew (or purchase) season tickets. Some will fall for this, but others (like myself) see right through this.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Terrible move by the Canucks in my opinion. No training camp, no time to meet the Canucks or learn their systems. But more significantly he is essentially jumping up two leagues. The Canucks are setting him up for disappointment with us and maybe even for himself.

Media: "So Brock, what happened? Why weren't you able to contribute more to the Canucks?"

Madness.

What do you expect from this management group. All they see in this kid is a chance to help turn their reputations around after one of the most disastrous seasons in franchise history. Kuzma even said the other day that playing Boeser is all about PR.

But forget burning the year, or whatever, you shouldn't be throwing this kid out there like this ... he hasn't even taken line rushes with his line mates, or had a practice. Not to mention the fatigue factor. Bunch of idiots strike again. You wonder why this team has injury problems.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
Absolutely stupid and downright idiotic by this management group. Which is all you can expect from these incompetent morons. A desperation move to drum up some excitement in this market, an attempt to boost season ticket sales, with absolute disregard for the future.

Yes, this doesn't affect his time as an RFA; however, burning off a year of his cheap ELC, for a team that's a cap team already anyway despite trying to rebuild, is nothing other than stupid. We have Eriksson and Sutter locked up long-term to awful contracts. We can expect Gudbranson to become part of that group in short time. That will likely combine to close to $15M of essentially dead cap space in poor hockey players, and immovable contracts. Once Boeser's ELC runs out, if he's even a halfway decent player we can expect his next contract to be in the $3-5M range. Good luck trying to build a competitive team when all you have cap space for is to re-sign the players you have who, as a collective unit, hasn't been good enough.

As a Canucks fan all I can ask is that my fellow fans continue to show their disdain for management with their wallets. Don't fall into this trap by shelling out several thousands of dollars to renew (or purchase) season tickets. Some will fall for this, but others (like myself) see right through this.

Already seen a few fall in this pit. Pity..

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006

Luke Kunin signed with Minny yesterday & they tweeted he is flying into town to work their coaching staff getting ready for next year.

Baby steps

Unless the reports are wrong, Kunin's contract doesn't kick in until July 1st so he won't get a signing bonus or any salary until then. Boeser will get $92K right now, about $75K in salary over the next 2 weeks, and then another $92K in July.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Unless the reports are wrong, Kunin's contract doesn't kick in until July 1st so he won't get a signing bonus or any salary until then. Boeser will get $92K right now, about $75K in salary over the next 2 weeks, and then another $92K in July.

You are correct:

SAINT PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has agreed to terms with forward Luke Kunin on a three-year, entry-level contract starting with the 2017-18 season. He will report to the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an Amateur Tryout Agreement (ATO) for the remainder of this season.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/news/218103

That's what a GM who isn't desperate to save his job does. Ours gives no ****s about the future and is hanging on to whatever he can.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Haha, WD must be chewing tacks. He gets told a rookie was just signed and is being parachuted in on his second line. But he did not EARN it!

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Baby steps

Desperation. Kid just played a double OT game last night, it's insane they are going to debut him on the 2nd line in the NHL the morning after.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Madness.

2bh tho, willie D is not here next year, so the systems will be gone.

At least he gets a small taste of the NHL

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Canucks development blueprint.

1) Rush them to NHL
2) Ruin confidence
3) Send back to AHL

essentially Virtanen and Mccann all over again.

Except the difference now is we have the AHL option on the table right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad