GDT: Broadway vs Raleighwood, game 3 7pm, TNT

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I'm hoping this trend holds true: The last President's trophy team to start the playoffs 6-0 was the Colorado Avalance back in 2020-2021.

They did that by sweeping the Blues in the first round and then winning the first two vs Vegas in the 2nd round.

Vegas then won 4 straight in the series and beat them in 6.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I'm hoping this trend holds true: The last President's trophy team to start the playoffs 6-0 was the Colorado Avalance back in 2020-2021.

They did that by sweeping the Blues in the first round and then winning the first two vs Vegas in the 2nd round.

Vegas then won 4 straight in the series and beat them in 6.

These are the kinds of stats I get out of bed for.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I think he won us 1 or 2 games vs the isles at best. He has looked shaky and slow if I am being honest. But I am not a goalie coach

Freddie's best games these playoffs was game 1 vs Islanders and game 3 vs Islanders. Every other game he's been so-so.

I would've gone with a rotation. It worked during the regular season; no reason to have stopped it.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Yeah, but look at his 4v5 SV%.

And you can't expect your goalie to consistently win you games with a save percentage under .90, especially since the goalie on the other team has a save percentage of like .92 and has not allowed more than 3 goals in a playoff game in like forever.

Although, I don't like Kochetkov's career numbers in the playoffs...but it's a very small sample size so maybe I shouldn't read to much into it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad