GDT: Broadway vs Raleighwood, game 3 7pm, TNT

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Two losses in a row, and 6 starts in a row where Andersen has ranged from "fine" to "eh". The only game he was really lights out was Game 1 against the Isles. Koochie deserves a chance, and it's insane he hasn't gotten one until now.

Even though I'm not sure how I feel about PK coming in now I do agree. He played so well for us down the stretch that he does deserve the chance.

I just hope he makes the most of it because after tonight he may not get another chance these playoffs (if we get past the Rangers).

Maybe he'll be the 2024 version of the 2006 Cam Ward when Ward came in to replace Gerber. Granted it was earlier than now but it turned that whole series around.

To be successful in the playoffs though you do need BOTH goalies. Can't ride just one and Andersen hasn't been lights out (like he was in the regular season after returning from blood clot) these playoffs.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
IMG_3548.gif

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I have been advocating getting peeodor a game (mainly because the rotation down the stretch was working so well), but out of all of the chances he had for a start, this is probably the worse time.

The switch a goalie every game could have been a good strat, it keeps both guys fresh and the other team on their toes… kinda too late for that now.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
No this is what we do. Dumb shit. Instead of playing him when we were up 3-0 or 3-1 on the Isles we wait until a f***ing crisis and throw him in cold in a must win game to save the season when we know he is terrible cold.

Against a red hot rangers top line.

What could possibly go wrong

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
No this is what we do. Dumb shit. Instead of playing him when we were up 3-0 or 3-1 on the Isles we wait until a f***ing crisis and throw him in cold in a must win game to save the season when we know he is terrible cold.

Against a red hot rangers top line.

What could possibly go wrong
He needed a shakeup. Kuzy and Kootch can certainly do that, one way are another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad