Broadcast Schedule

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I haven't seen an answer anywhere so I was wondering if the Ducks will actually be broadcast on TV this year?

I looked on the Ducks website and most games, besides national games, do not list a TV provider. Some list the opponents provider but Ballys is not listed as a main TV broadcaster so far.

I know Ballys is having its issues, so I was wondering if anyone had any info?

Maybe I missed something?

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I haven't seen an answer anywhere so I was wondering if the Ducks will actually be broadcast on TV this year?

I looked on the Ducks website and most games, besides national games, do not list a TV provider. Some list the opponents provider but Ballys is not listed as a main TV broadcaster so far.

I was wondering this as well. I think the Kings recently announced they're going to partner with Bally's again. Would be surprised if that announcement doesn't come soon for us as well.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Ducks signed an extension with Ballys last year

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Do you have the link to that?
Not really sure where to put this, but despite DSG's impending bankruptcy, it's noted in this article today that the Ducks are finalizing an extension with the network

Diamond Sports Group will miss a $140M interest payment tomorrow that will trigger a 30-day grace period before filing for bankruptcy on March 15, but several NHL and NBA teams are still cutting deals with Diamond’s Bally Sports RSNs. The Lightning signed a rights deal with Bally Sports Sun earlier this month, sources said. Sources added that the Hurricanes and Ducks are close to finalizing extensions with Bally Sports South and Bally Sports SoCal, respectively.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
So in February the Ducks were close to finalizing an extension with a company about to go belly up. But there’s still nothing to confirm it and the published schedule has a blank where the network is usually listed? I don’t see that as a good sign.

Doesn‘t Henry own KCal or KCOP?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think we're still under contract with Bally. We signed a 10-year contract with FSW in 2014. (Source). The extension would take place after this season.

Bally Sports + has packages available for the Ducks for this season. Base pkg (Clippers & Ducks) is on BS SoCal + for $20/mo. Bundle & Save pkg (Clippers, Ducks, & Kings) is $30/mo for BS West + and SoCal +.

The Kings did sign an extension with Bally Sports West. Some Duck games are broadcasted on BS West.

The Clippers will have 63 games broadcasted by BS SoCal for this season. (Source) And since we're on the other team on BS SoCal, our games should also be broadcasted.

Still odd that we have no concrete info yet.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think we're still under contract with Bally. We signed a 10-year contract with FSW in 2014. (Source). The extension would take place after this season.

Bally Sports + has packages available for the Ducks for this season. Base pkg (Clippers & Ducks) is on BS SoCal + for $20/mo. Bundle & Save pkg (Clippers, Ducks, & Kings) is $30/mo for BS West + and SoCal +.

The Kings did sign an extension with Bally Sports West. Some Duck games are broadcasted on BS West.

The Clippers will have 63 games broadcasted by BS SoCal for this season. (Source) And since we're on the other team on BS SoCal, our games should also be broadcasted.

Still odd that we have no concrete info yet.
Are those streaming package prices or do they think I’m adding that to an existing cable/satellite service?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So in February the Ducks were close to finalizing an extension with a company about to go belly up. But there’s still nothing to confirm it and the published schedule has a blank where the network is usually listed? I don’t see that as a good sign.

Doesn‘t Henry own KCal or KCOP?
I don't think it really means anything other than we haven't released the broadcast schedule yet. Teams are around this time so I'm sure it will be soon but it's not as if everyone else did a long time ago. It was only yesterday that the Sharks did

Kings less than a week ago, etc

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Are those streaming package prices or do they think I’m adding that to an existing cable/satellite service?

My bad. Anything "Bally xxx +" is their standalone, online service like ESPN +.

A lot of cable companies cut ties when Bally Sports took over and demanded more money. Bally Sports + helps to circumvent that problem, but it's about three/four years too late and quite pricey. If you get ESPN + and a VPN, you get all the games... provided you move the VPN source into a non-local region to watch whatever team.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
As long as the games are on ESPN+ I don’t give a f***

Love being out of market
Definitely nice not having to worry about in-market blackouts and the Bally's TV deal and it's interesting to hear other perspectives. there are some really good broadcasting teams out there - for example, the Caps guys are fantastic, had the chance to watch their feed in DC last year when the Ducks played them - but there are also some awful ones like Arizona.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

A lot of cable companies cut ties when Bally Sports took over and demanded more money. Bally Sports + helps to circumvent that problem, but it's about three/four years too late and quite pricey. If you get ESPN + and a VPN, you get all the games... provided you move the VPN source into a non-local region to watch whatever team.
Thanks. I cut the cord years back and use “alternate” feeds now. If there’s something reasonable that makes sense I’m willing to pay. I’m quite familiar with using VPNs but it’s nice not to need them.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal

I just got a VPN on my phone a few weeks ago, so far it’s been working fine with MLB.tv, once I know this one works with ESPN+ I’m going to install it on the router.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Does anyone know, I have the Bally socal package, will I also need the Bally sports west for the games they are on that channel? Or should I still get it if I have the Socal package? I have the Bally streaming for what it’s worth, not the actual channel on cable.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Does anyone know, I have the Bally socal package, will I also need the Bally sports west for the games they are on that channel? Or should I still get it if I have the Socal package? I have the Bally streaming for what it’s worth, not the actual channel on cable.
If you are not local.. It will be blacked out for you.. Where do you live?

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
If you are not local.. It will be blacked out for you.. Where do you live?
I’m local, it worked for the games last year, i just don’t recall if it worked when it was on Bally sports west, since that’s another package if I’m looking at all of this correctly.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I’m local, it worked for the games last year, i just don’t recall if it worked when it was on Bally sports west, since that’s another package if I’m looking at all of this correctly.
You should get west as well. Thats part of southern Cali

Reactions: ScarTroy

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
1695923916849.png

Shows on the SoCal part at the bottom that all Ducks games will be available in that package. You're good to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad