Broadcast Announcers

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Micheletti has a HUGE hard on for SJ. All he is, is SJ this, SJ that, SJ, SJ SJ... something something, LA... ok back to SJ.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They're both good. Sorry guys, they're going to say something nice about the other team too. You can tell Micheletti loves Mike Richards.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I don't mind the bias as much as messing up the calls. They called Lewis and Williams, Carter. At one point they said "Vancouver's penalty kill" about San Jose. Seriously, just pay attention.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
these guys are just awefull.........

It could be the smallest unimpressive play and they make it into something huge.
"Did you see Thorntons pass over 3 feet directly on the stick of Marleau ?
Plays like this make Thornton one of the best players of the league"

oh my....

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
these guys are just awefull.........

It could be the smallest unimpressive play and they make it into something huge.
"Did you see Thorntons pass over 3 feet directly on the stick of Marleau ?
Plays like this make Thornton one of the best players of the league"

oh my....

OMG he's back!!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They are? So Dustin didn't get tripped, but Thornton did? Lmao, Joe m. Is horrible.

The guy is sitting in the middle of the rink watching replays on a tiny ass monitor. He's going to get some stuff wrong.

Also, Dustin didn't get tripped, he just fell down.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They're both good. Sorry guys, they're going to say something nice about the other team too. You can tell Micheletti loves Mike Richards.

They usually are, but I'm sorry, they were pretty bad tonight. Very little credit to the Kings.

Homerism wishes aside, they called the Sharks vancouver at least twice and got a number of names wrong.

Again, I usually really like this broadcasting team and they're usually pretty good about calling it as they see it, but if I weren't watching directly, I would have thought the Sharks were on the verge of winning the series on the back of Nathan Couture.

JBernierFan

Drink up!
Jul 10, 2006
San Diego

Seriously? Good at what? Not announcing. They called the Kings the Canucks, they said Brown wasn't tripped but Thornton did. They said LA only had one D man out there for the PP (Doughty) when Muzzin had the puck as he said it and they called Lewis Jeff Carter 2-3 times. It was one of the worst called games I've seen/heard recently.

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
Forslund the PBP guy is the carolina hurricanes PBP guy, i don't have an issue with him actually... however Joe Michelleti is uninformed, mistaken, and he steps all over forslund on many occassions at times stating the obvious and takes a lot of airtime away from the PBP guy.

The thing that bothers me about both guys is that i feel like either of them don't necessarily give any information about the team players history... Even some facts about how players did in the previous serious would be helpful... i feel like neither of these guys watched the kings/blues series nor the canucks/sharks series. All the information is basically on the action they've seen in THIS series, whereas history and even immediate history is all very relevant in getting a stat/point across.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
These ****s are a godsend because if this was a first round matchup, I'd be stuck with Randy Hahn [mod].

Seriously though, these guys really aren't bad. Although I wish broadcasters would go with announcers of teams not in the playoffs who are unbiased and people like. Bring the Dallas crew in to call games.

Last edited by a moderator:

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
They've both been fine. You can tell they are calling it fair when neither teams fans are happy. :) Micheletti has been fawning over Quick all series. Niemi hasn't been bad either but boy howdy I'm sure Sharks fans are wondering if there is only one goalie out there. Loves Doughty, Voynov... he couldnt stop gushing about Toffoli in game 2. Joe reads the game well.

They're going to step on each other from time to time because they're a mile away from each other in the building. They don't have all the usual hand signals and gestures they can give each other in the booth because Joe is at ice level. That said, I like the inside the glass viewpoint and ill take two announcers total ANY day over 3. When McGuire and Olczyk get wound up with Emrick screaming its like a 3 ring circus at times.

Forslund is the consummate pro. Never too high or too low and I can usually tell without looking at the TV based on his voice if there's a good scoring chance on its way. Always appreciate that quality.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
both are good. last night they had an off night, give them a break. it wouldn't surprise me if they are getting gassed. some of these guys are traveling every day from game to game and covering two series. they travel more than the teams do.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
How I solve this problem, if I get annoyed by announcers, I just mute the video feed and listen to Nick Nickson call the game. There's a slight delay but not nearly as annoying as some of the other announcers out there. :nod:

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
My only real concern with the announcers is that they won't **** every once in a while.

If it isn't Doc Emrick "slinging" every pass that's "captured adroitly" it's Brian Engblom blabbing on and on over the PBP about Sidney's ability to take it to another level or why grinders like Chris Neil are just really underrated in this league.

And please, Pierre, we don't care about what they did with the PUCK in Kitchener and neither does Eddie, so stop asking him about it.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I agree, bit Thornton flopped and according to Joe he was tripped, :shakehead

Thornton didn't flop but he did lose an edge happens, kopi stick was in the area and that call goes everytime, and brown was more tackled all night than he was tripped on that play, even though that was a scoring chance which usaslly is called tighter, seems brown having a history of going down so easy is following hiim this year

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
I like all 4 guys, Forslund and Cuthbert are my favorites along with Strader, Micheletti and Ferraro both have been good.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
Any game without Emrick screaming at you is a game that is called well.

I hate Emrick. I would knife him aside of my life if I could get one waffle board side.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00