Broad Street Bounce Back

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
I say instead of focusing on all the negativity towards the Lecavalier signing, the non deal with Edmonton and all the other sob storys, let me throw a curveball here.

How about we discuss the possibility that least year was just a down year for a young, freshly brought together team?

Now that the ugly contracts are gone (along with the locker room headache), let's just say:

B. Schenn really makes a name for himself.

Couturier shows that he's growing up as we'd hoped.

Hartnell is back to his 30 goal form from 2 years ago.

Giroux becomes an unstoppable shootout force and attributes it to the Lecavalier signing somehow.

Mason revives his career.

Simmonds bumps up his goal average just a tad.

The team turns into more of a defensive minded bunch, therefore cutting down the goals against per game.

Gagne scores game winners, and a bunch of those backhand Gagne Style goals.

Do you need me to keep going?

How about we get pumped for our team and have some hope instead of bashing everything they do?

SchennSational1022*

Welcome to HF, it's always been this way. We could acquire Wayne Gretzkyin his prime for a 7th and people here would still *****. We are set up to be on the best teams in the league in 2 years.

sundaysetsashes

May 19, 2009
I don't think Simmonds needs to bump anything up. They're getting very good production from him as is. Other guys need to step up

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
Gretzky in his prime for a 7th?

Why would the Flyers do that?

That 7th could turn into the next Rick Nash, what a waste of a pick.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Much like the season that shall not be named. They relied to much on sophomores, the sophomore slump is real. Not to mention thinking hartnell and talbot could match their career years the previous season. Add streit and Vinny, like kimmo and hartnell, no junior slump and we are a solid playoff team.

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
I love the Flyers. to the point of major instability in the mental department but i just don't understand what were doing in terms of cap space and filling our glaring needs. I know holmgren's motto is "whatever makes us better" but that doenst mean signing whoever we can get our hands on just for the sake of it. we have cap problems. giroux needs another winger. the only winger we can afford now is debra. maybe kip. i have a sick feeling we're on another impatient rampage and there's a horrific trade a coming right around the corner. I forgot this is supposed to be positive. sorry. i meant to say I'm putting in my days off now at work for the parade.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I just want the season to start again. I can't stand the only sport to really watch is baseball right now.

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
I love the Flyers. to the point of major instability in the mental department but i just don't understand what were doing in terms of cap space and filling our glaring needs. I know holmgren's motto is "whatever makes us better" but that doenst mean signing whoever we can get our hands on just for the sake of it. we have cap problems. giroux needs another winger. the only winger we can afford now is debra. maybe kip. i have a sick feeling we're on another impatient rampage and there's a horrific trade a coming right around the corner. I forgot this is supposed to be positive. sorry. i meant to say I'm putting in my days off now at work for the parade.

All signs are pointing to a Coburn trade for Magnus Pajaarv from EDM (any other players involved, I'm not sure.) That frees up money.

Hearing things about Mezaros being gone which also frees up money.

Other than that, signing Tim Thomas perhaps

And then there is ALWAYS the possibility that Holmgren tilts the Earth again.

You never know with him: Could become the first GM in all of sports history to do a full and complete team swap, player for player, coach for coach.

Here's to the Philadelphia Canadians!!!!

sg12lw

Aug 22, 2008
there are not many good teams in the east (in the league tbh)

we play well, we are a contender....even with mason in goal and our current d

add thomas and he can regain form??? we are dangerous

go flyers!!!

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
A lot of things went wrong last year most caused by injuries. Giroux's wrist wasn't fully healed and because of it he had a rough start to the season. His struggles caused the entire team to struggle offensively and we couldn't score early on.

Later, injuries on defense kept us from being able to keep the puck out of our own net.

I see this offseason as much like in 07 when we signed Timonen, Briere and Hartnell and promptly went to the Conf Finals. This year we have Streit, Vinny and hopefully TT.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I'm pumped! The only two teams I follow extremely close are the Brewers and Flyers, and the my Brewers have the third worst record in the league so a full season of Flyers hockey is very exciting.

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
I see a lot of positives and I am grateful for a management team that does something to try and win rather than sitting on their thumbs.

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
Not only does the team look pretty good - other than lack of another goaltender which will soon be remedied - our prospect pool is finally starting to look decent.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
The only thing I would have changed in the past 4 days would have been that I'd have tried to get the #4 pick from the Preds. I know this is very unpopular around here but I'd have offered Couturier + Coburn + our pick at #11 for Seth Jones. It would have hurt to lose Coots but I would have definitely taken the chance of Jones becoming that franchise #1 dman we have been looking for. You let Schenn play with Streit of Gus and put Jones up with Timonen and let him mentor the kid.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Flyers got the top d man ufa and top forward ufa (or second to Ignila) at relatively reasonable prices (see what Clarkson wants). I am happy so far. Still little nervous on the next moves though. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad